News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original A/C hoses

Started by RTSE440, October 10, 2023, 05:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTSE440

Hello all just wondering has anyone ever repaired the original hoses by just replacing the ferrules & hoses as i'm not sure how these hoses are put together as all the video's i see they cut the steel lines then braze the ferrule with barb ends on but i found this video were he just cuts the ferrule & not the pipe exposing the barb on the pipe are the b body lines the same as these or are they different thanks ahead.
https://youtu.be/osZ8QL5f5dc?si=AvsaHljIJrEIJtUl 

John_Kunkel

I would question if the barb ends of sixties/seventies fittings are compatible with modern hose and ferrules. The video shows replacing the modern hose on modern fittings.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RTSE440

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 10, 2023, 01:56:51 PMI would question if the barb ends of sixties/seventies fittings are compatible with modern hose and ferrules. The video shows replacing the modern hose on modern fittings.
You are correct John the barb ends aren't compatible as i found out today