News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Valance / Bumper '69 Charger

Started by geffen928, October 28, 2023, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geffen928

Evening Gents...Just a quick question. As I'm fitting the rear-end on my Charger together, what's the gap between the bottom edge of the rear bumper and the top edge of the rear valance??  Pics would be awesome.

orange383

My bumper isn't on so I can't measure or take any photos but when I did mine I measured from the bottom of the tail panel down to the section of rear valance that tucks under the bumper.

I could measure and photograph that if it helps but it isn't necessarily the same as one that has never been apart and the gap may vary between cars anyway.

By the time you line it up with the quarters and valance corners there might not much room for adjustment. Then again it was 2 or 3 years ago when I did mine and I've forgotten half of what I've done or how I did it already!

Or have I misunderstood and you're just fitting the bumper? 🤔

70 sublime

I think when you put the bumper on you will see the top edge of the bumper has to clear the lip that comes out under the tail lights so by the time you get it to fit along the top the bottom will just be what ever it is going to be
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green