News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

215/70 R14 as cheap roller tires? Any other inexpensive options?

Started by Wakko, December 05, 2023, 10:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Unfortunately life has thrown some serious curveballs and my beloved POS Charger has to go.  It currently has mismatched tires and wheels on it with old crusty tires from 2005 or so on it.  I have a beautiful set of 14x7 Vectors in the attic that I would prefer to rubberize and install.  I cannot find any used 14" tires with any beef to them, but I did find some cheap smaller options:  205/75R14 Tornel Classics for around $260 shipped, 215/70R14 Vercelli Classics for the same price at Walmart.  235/60s are around $500 for the set.  The purpose is to have matching nice wheels on the car to make it more attractive for sale, not to actually drive on since the vehicle is heartless. 

Thoughts?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Mike DC

Ouch.  Sorry you have to sell the car.  Sounds like it was a long time coming. 

My first thought would be to sell the 14x7 Vectors separately.  They are mainly valuable to 'Dukes' fans and not to all of them.  On the other hand there are lots of cheap alternative sets of used wheels/tires around if all you need to do is find something that holds air and rolls. 

Maybe go ahead and offer the Vectors with the car for an extra few hundred bucks.  But don't include them by default because some buyers would not be willing to pay anything for them. 

Wakko

My main point in installing them is to make the car look better in photos versus just black mismatched wheels and old tires.  The buyer may feel that they can sell them for a bit of financial recovery on their own if they want.  The car does have an 01 on the driver's door, though that's easily removable as well. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM