News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake booster

Started by daan, December 05, 2023, 03:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daan

Hey guys,need some advice.I'm installing discbrakes in the front and the rear so I'll have to change the brake booster.

Do I have to remove the steering column to get to the bolt on the top right side ?The other 3 are out but this one is a real struggle.

Thanks in advance !

Daan

Kern Dog

No. They are all accessible with the column in place. You just need a variety of extensions, wobblies and sockets.
I did two booster replacements this year.

daan

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 05, 2023, 08:33:26 PMNo. They are all accessible with the column in place. You just need a variety of extensions, wobblies and sockets.
I did two booster replacements this year.

Ok,thanks very much,this is the motivation I need right now!

doctor4766

It really is a struggle to get that one off, especially if you have big hands.
I got my wife to get under the dash and she managed to maneuver the socket and spanner around better than I could have.
Gotta love a '69

daan

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 06, 2023, 06:20:12 PMIt really is a struggle to get that one off, especially if you have big hands.
I got my wife to get under the dash and she managed to maneuver the socket and spanner around better than I could have.

Thanks ,I'm gonna give it a try again!

Kern Dog

Two things that make it much easier.
Remove the seat OR remove the seat and steering wheel.

If you're thin and flexible, you can do it with the seat and steering wheel in place but it isn't easy. With them out, it makes it much easier. You'll need a shop light in there most likely to see up in there.

daan

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 07, 2023, 10:21:41 AMTwo things that make it much easier.
Remove the seat OR remove the seat and steering wheel.

If you're thin and flexible, you can do it with the seat and steering wheel in place but it isn't easy. With them out, it makes it much easier. You'll need a shop light in there most likely to see up in there.

I'm going to take the seat out  :icon_smile_big: