News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad...

Started by birdsandbees, December 10, 2023, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I still prefer coming to this site to read about car related things. Facebook has way too many car pages for the same things & most of them flat out suck. Also, FB seems to attract more assholes with their ignorant, racist BS mixed in. I just permanently left a car page there yesterday because it's tiring to read that stuff over & over.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Old Moparz

It's gonna be a loooooong winter.  :rotz:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

cdr

After Photo Bucket changed their policy, LOTS of informative pictures were no more on this site when that happened things got REAL slow here, also the search funktion made it VERY difficult to find info, I still come here, Troy has done a good job, I also blame some aggressive & morally bankrupt members that have run people off, I myself have gotten out of line here in the past, but I have been attacked & fought back. I hope this form lives on. Thanks Troy for all your efforts !!!!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

b5blue

Well put. This forum has had a HUGE impact on my Chargers repairs and improvements.  :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: b5blue on December 15, 2023, 02:17:02 PMWell put. This forum has had a HUGE impact on my Chargers repairs and improvements.  :cheers:

The key phrase is "has had" because no one can deny that there is nothing going on here lately. Some have expressed that they don't want to go to other Mopar sites because they only want to hear about Chargers, however, every B-body is in the same family and there's a tremendous amount of info that is common throughout the B-body product line. But, there are some that don't want to hear it, as evident in this thread.

b5blue

Well yea my car is as done as I need it to be.  :lol:

71dodgechargerrt

I still check in, just a bit slower. Merry Christmas all.

Nacho-RT74

This board/community came to float same as several others when a big fever of restoring classic muscle/pony/sports cars also floated on when F&F movie appeared. It was a HUGE WAVE to surf, so huge that even the TV shows got that with the initial shows on Discovery Channel like RIDES and OVERHAULING. This also resurrected the market for them and raised prices of all those trash cans, barn finds etc... the need for help to restore these was the order of the day on the web.

22 years later most of this proyects are finished, or close to that... or more cars were trashed or parted out for parts. The stock of cars on market to be restored is also way reduced, so just a few new ones (cars and fans) are still around.

Since less cars need more assistance (or large assistance at least for big proyects... replace a regulator is not a big project requiring help for a fans community), the new members will be reduced and the old members are mostly done.

Mopar repro pieces on market arrived way late. So the manufacturers of Mopar parts got less profit. They lost their moment too, and made us spend more money than it should be compared to other brands. Tried to get the same profit they could on less time and pieces made... so priced way more expensive their pieces now on a smaller market. Suckers....

Then... here we are
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kern Dog

I suggest that as members, we post of some old pictures of our classic cars, Charger or not...
Why not post some threads about some experiences we have had stuff we have learned and friends that we have had.
I've posted some pictures and memes here and there. I've started a few technical threads too.
I can't believe that in a country of this size that there are only 10 people out there that are willing to contribute to this forum.
Let's step it up, guys.

01 do it.gif

Nacho-RT74

I have at least one stickied thread LOL... not a great thread starter, but allways trying to help if I can
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemi-hampton

what ever happened to Charger-Bodie posting his Charger Restorations? where did Tufcat go, anybody remember him? Leon.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Yeah, I'm always curious about the members that no longer come around.
When I get interested in something, I am ALL IN. I stick with things because I am all or nothing.
I don't understand a part time enthusiast...The guys that like this stuff sometimes.
I know they exist, I just don't understand that manner of thinking.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 22, 2023, 02:45:19 PMI suggest that as members, we post of some old pictures of our classic cars, Charger or not...

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

You've owned those John?
That is quite impressive. The last car in each row...Both Studebakers, right?

:2thumbs:

John_Kunkel

Yeah, owned them all. The upper one is an Avanti II...a later version of the original Studebaker Avanti.

Kern Dog

Those are great. Thank you for posting them. That is an amazing variety in the collection.

Studes are quirky but interesting.

John_Kunkel

Originally, I only liked the Stude body style...the bronze '53 pictured had an all-Mopar drivetrain. As time went on, I acquired several more Studes and kept the Stude engines and learned to accept them as baby Cadillacs.

Pinballjim

I would happily post pictures of my cars.  I just cant figure out how to do it.   Admittedly, I'm not very tech savvy.   Some you all might like, some you might blast me for, but if I could, I'd share.

I have a car from every decade from the 30's up to the 20's with the exception of the teens....

1930 Model A hotrod
1940 Ford Coupe
1956 Chevy big window truck
1962 Chevy Impala 409 SS conv.
1965 Chevy Impala
1967 Chrysler Newport conv.
1969 AMC AMX
1970 PLymouth Superbird
1972 Chevy C10 Custom Deluxe
1986 Mustang GT
1989 Lincoln LSC
1996 Chevy Corvette
1999 Chevy Tahoe (daily driver)
2000 Ford Excursion (daily driver/tow vehicle)
2007 BMW 335i conv. (with a mild tune)
2020 Chevy Blazer (daily driver)

I know, I know.  There aren't enough Mopars on the list for you folks but I like all kinds of cars.  I wish I knew how to post pics.   

Mopar Nut

To post pictures, hit the preview button at the bottom. Then the button for attachments will appear right above it. Hit the attachment button and go to your lower  right and hit add files. Hit upload and then hit insert.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

HANDM

I used to have way too many cars and have whittled them down to just a few
70 Challenger
97 Dodge Ram 1500 CC LB
17 Ram 2500 CC LB
18 Challenger T/A
91 Honda Prelude 4WS

SOLD
69 Charger
66 Charger
73 Cuda
69 Polara 500 Convertible
78 Scout Terra Rallye
87 Nissan 300ZX
00 Ranger

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on December 26, 2023, 09:04:56 PMI used to have way too many cars and have whittled them down to just a few
70 Challenger
97 Dodge Ram 1500 CC LB
17 Ram 2500 CC LB
18 Challenger T/A
91 Honda Prelude 4WS

SOLD
69 Charger
66 Charger
73 Cuda
69 Polara 500 Convertible
78 Scout Terra Rallye
87 Nissan 300ZX
00 Ranger

Hi Frank,          27 December 2023

First off, we hope you and your family had a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

That's an impressive collection, past and present. We are getting our cars fixed up and ready to drive and some ready For Sale. Our Ford Interceptor is in the Ford Shop regaining its operating skills. When it's done it'll look better than new. It's more fun and comfortable to drive and ride in; it's also fast, never lost a chase.

When are you and the love of your life going to be in Phoenix again? I'm now able to walk almost like I could 30 years ago.

Wishing you and your family a very Blessed and Happy New Year!!!

Best Always
Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks     
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Pinballjim

ABC 123

Trying to post a picture.   It's never too early to learn

birdsandbees

Seeing this is MY thread... can you two take your shit somewhere else! Thank you !!!  :pity:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

Come on, Wayne....you know that just like in group conversation, the subject matter can go off topic despite your best efforts to maintain order. This isn't meant as any sign of disrespect to you, you know that.
This forum has slowed a lot but I think there are still some great members here. I am curious about the members that don't come around as much anymore.