News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad...

Started by birdsandbees, December 10, 2023, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdsandbees

..that this place is so slow even guys with parts listed for sale don't drop by.  :brickwall:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 10, 2023, 02:56:58 PM..that this place is so slow even guys with parts listed for sale don't drop by.  :brickwall:

I check in here every afternoon about this time...not much going on here anymore
 :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 10, 2023, 02:56:58 PM..that this place is so slow even guys with parts listed for sale don't drop by.  :brickwall:

I've tried to stoke the fires here, sometimes even posting things that are NOT annoying or offensive.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 10, 2023, 05:31:20 PMI've tried to stoke the fires here, sometimes even posting things that are NOT annoying or offensive.

Never Noticed.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mytur Binsdirti

Mopar Nut

Have you been to FBBO lately, all you see is planes, trains, vans, and shipwrecks. It is a real good source for news though. I don't see MoPar muscle cars posted like I used to.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 10, 2023, 11:11:17 PMHave you been to FBBO lately, all you see is planes, trains, vans, and shipwrecks. It is a real good source for news though. I don't see MoPar muscle cars posted like I used to.

I don't understand the reference.
The Turban dude and I are frequent contributors at FBBO and neither of us post anything about planes, trains, vans, shipwrecks or anything unusual.
Quality tech, car chat, plenty of build threads including Turban's '70 Charger, my own '70 Charger, a few Tremec 5 speed swaps and as always, suspension and brake threads. The site is growing.
I like it here too.
Too often, this place feels like cracking a joke in an Amish community around a bunch of old, stuffy humorless dullards. I know that there were some fun loving members here, I remember swapping PMs with several. The last few years, those guys have really thinned out.

The OP is still a strong contributor at FBBO.
I remember some dudes that used to post a lot that quit coming around or barely do anymore.....
Cooter
Too Cheap To Smoke
Eccentric Magpies
Barfyspitz
1974 Dodge Charger
Invincible Extremes
Keepat
Drache
JohhnyCharger
Red and White
Our Tea
Vegas Charger.
What happened, guys?
If it weren't for Lloyd, B-5 and Tan Top and a few others, the place would be almost dead.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 11, 2023, 12:54:23 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 10, 2023, 11:11:17 PMHave you been to FBBO lately, all you see is planes, trains, vans, and shipwrecks. It is a real good source for news though. I don't see MoPar muscle cars posted like I used to.

I don't understand the reference.
The Turban dude and I are frequent contributors at FBBO and neither of us post anything about planes, trains, vans, shipwrecks or anything unusual.
Quality tech, car chat, plenty of build threads including Turban's '70 Charger, my own '70 Charger, a few Tremec 5 speed swaps and as always, suspension and brake threads. The site is growing.
I like it here too.
Too often, this place feels like cracking a joke in an Amish community around a bunch of old, stuffy humorless dullards. I know that there were some fun loving members here, I remember swapping PMs with several. The last few years, those guys have really thinned out.

The OP is still a strong contributor at FBBO.
I remember some dudes that used to post a lot that quit coming around or barely do anymore.....
Cooter
Too Cheap To Smoke
Eccentric Magpies
Barfyspitz
1974 Dodge Charger
Invincible Extremes
Keepat
Drache
JohhnyCharger
Red and White
Our Tea
Vegas Charger.
What happened, guys?
If it weren't for Lloyd, B-5 and Tan Top and a few others, the place would be almost dead.
Not you, Greg, I like your write up on the TKO, helping a guy install a TKX and Mark's write up on the "Roach".

You haven't noticed some are posting pictures on FBBO of vans, trains, planes, and non-muscle car related subjects? They're trying to get their post counts up.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 11, 2023, 01:22:06 AMNot you, Greg, I like your write up on the TKO, helping a guy install a TKX and Mark's write up on the "Roach".

You haven't noticed some are posting pictures on FBBO of vans, trains, planes, and non-muscle car related subjects? They're trying to get their post counts up.

Thanks, man.
If you're referring to the random picture thread there, I rarely click on that. There are far too many worthless pictures in there, stuff that is clearly a ploy to rack up a large LIKE count. Now, I do some non car contributions too but I only post stuff that I personally like, not just stuff aimed specifically to please the crowd. Pictures of sunsets, castles and lighthouses ....one guy posts pictures from classic used car dealerships of cars for sale as if he expects a commission if one of them sells. I have a few members on IGNORE because they never post anything related to cars they own or are working on.
There is no payoff for a high LIKE count....No gift certificates, no special privileges, nothing. I do like Naked women and memes along with car tech topics so that is what I focus on. Mark posts a lot of political topics that people like. Wayne/the OP has some beautiful cars he restores and keeps running along with his airplane interests.
That is the stuff that interests me.
Back to the original topic....
This site, specifically dedicated to the Dodge Charger will never be as busy as a site with a broader base of cars but it can still be better. We can't let our age slow down our interest in these fine machines. We are all getting older and maybe some are in declining health but we still have our minds and our computers...we all can still interact here if we just pop in a little more than we have been.

Nacho-RT74

What can I say myself, which have been member fo this community since 2002.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Dino

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 11, 2023, 02:35:43 PMWhat can I say myself, which have been member fo this community since 2002.

The good old days! I joined 2003 I think. This is when we would still hang out in the chat room. Most of those old timers left.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

This was the second forum that I joined over 10 years ago. I'll still come around as long as I'm breathing.

70 sublime

I joined the 70 Dodge Charger site first as that is what I was working on at the time then it started to slow down then joined this one as it was a lot more busy and covered all the Chargers  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

Like anything these days this went sideways in a hurry, but it least it's letters typed on an otherwise dead forum.

A week after saying I'd buy something... still crickets. Guess I'll stick with the OE I have on the car.

As for FBBO having planes, trains and automobiles.... that's what keeps it active. If Mopar Nut wants to call me a post whore... a guy with 16,500 posts on this dead board... that's fine with me. Find someone else that helps as many members on FBBO as I do and I'll buy you a beer !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Back N Black

There use to be some interesting members here a few years back. Remember MoparManJim, he would post his 1/25 scale models and if anyone posted anything negative he would lose his poop. Another member, I think his name was Maxreciol, that would argue and insult anhyone who dared to take him on.

JB400

Quote from: Back N Black on December 11, 2023, 11:36:18 PMThere use to be some interesting members here a few years back. Remember MoparManJim, he would post his 1/25 scale models and if anyone posted anything negative he would lose his poop. Another member, I think his name was Maxreciol, that would argue and insult anhyone who dared to take him on.
Remember MaximRecoil real well. He picked an argument based upon the diameter of the center hub for Ford and Mopar. He lost, and shut up mostly since.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 11, 2023, 11:25:26 PMAs for FBBO having planes, trains and automobiles.... that's what keeps it active. If Mopar Nut wants to call me a post whore... a guy with 16,500 posts on this dead board... that's fine with me. Find someone else that helps as many members on FBBO as I do and I'll buy you a beer !
I'm not talking about the ones that do help other members. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of great numbers on FBBO. It just seems odd how the same planes, trains, vans and other non-automobiles get posted many times, over and over. Pictures of car shows of Mopar get deleted.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 11, 2023, 11:25:26 PMAs for FBBO having planes, trains and automobiles.... that's what keeps it active. If Mopar Nut wants to call me a post whore... a guy with 16,500 posts on this dead board... that's fine with me. Find someone else that helps as many members on FBBO as I do and I'll buy you a beer !

There is a member or two who also keeps alive the board around there on several threads with offesive posts and a frontal claimmed war... at least on the Electrical section LOL

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Back N Black on December 11, 2023, 11:36:18 PMThere use to be some interesting members here a few years back.

Like Richard Cranium. Man, that guy was/is the best!

JB400

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 12, 2023, 06:17:25 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on December 11, 2023, 11:36:18 PMThere use to be some interesting members here a few years back.
And now we have a display of the problem: ego's.

And now we have a display of the problem: ego.

FJ5WING

So I see you are referring to me. yes, I do not stop in as often after selling off my wing car! That's why I put contact info in the ad!
wingless now, but still around.

Kern Dog

Quote from: JB400 on December 13, 2023, 09:14:17 AM

No, Lipshitz...That was humor and sarcasm from a guy that actually OWNS Chargers.
You do not. You got ran out of FBBO from guys that saw through your BS. The main thread you posted in here was the silly word association thread, never anything technical and certainly never anything about your own personal Charger.

birdsandbees

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 13, 2023, 10:08:44 AM

So I see you are referring to me. yes, I do not stop in as often after selling off my wing car! That's why I put contact info in the ad!

Sorry, missed the email address in your first post... but you should have got a message notification sent to your email as well that day. Guess I'm way too use to replies within minutes on FBBO.

It was an impulse buy after your price reduction, then having a week to think about it I took the time to look at my parts all spread across the tables, for reassembly, and realized I didn't need a new one.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

John_Kunkel

Quote from: JB400 on December 13, 2023, 09:14:17 AMAnd now we have a display of the problem: ego.

QuoteNo, Lipshitz...That was humor and sarcasm from a guy that actually OWNS Chargers.
You do not.

Where is it written that one must own a Charger to participate in this forum? Do you make the rules?

QuoteYou got ran out of FBBO from guys that saw through your BS.

And how many people have you run off of various forums for not agreeing with your political views?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 13, 2023, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: JB400 on December 13, 2023, 09:14:17 AM

No, Lipshitz...That was humor and sarcasm from a guy that actually OWNS Chargers.
You do not. You got ran out of FBBO from guys that saw through your BS. The main thread you posted in here was the silly word association thread, never anything technical and certainly never anything about your own personal Charger.
That is humour and sarcasm from a guy tooting his own horn, aka, ego.

You confuse main thread for most popular. You'll have to thank my fellow board members for making it so. Not everyone can contribute information, or is comfortable doing so, but anyone can play a game and have fun, if they can find the fun in it.

I do, on occasion, ask questions and give advise, as I see fit.

You'll have to better define, "You do not."

The only reason I'm not on FBBO was because of a youtube video which Youtube blocked, that belonged to a mod, and he blamed me for it. The funny thing is I don't know how to do what he's blaming me for.