News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't buy a Daytona (so they say)

Started by 69hemidaytona, December 26, 2023, 09:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

If you can afford to pay to play, I'm all for buying one

WINGIN IT

Sadly gone are the days when an average enthusiast can afford these cars, let alone drive them.

69hemidaytona

Sometimes these articles don't make much sense. It says to not buy a Daytona this upcoming year but then it says they expect prices to go higher in 2024.

Pinballjim

Quote from: WINGIN IT on December 27, 2023, 09:02:09 AMSadly gone are the days when an average enthusiast can afford these cars, let alone drive them.

I am an average enthusiast.   I saved my pennies, bought one (a 'Bird, not a 'Tona), and dammit, I'm using it!   No, I'm not driving it a lot, but I AM using it.  The projected value of these cars is irrelevant to me.  I'm never selling it.  My wife will cut it loose the day after I die.  She calls it her "beach house". 

If you want one, do your homework and go get one!!  You only live once.  This is not a dress rehearsal.   

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on December 28, 2023, 01:50:26 PMSometimes these articles don't make much sense. It says to not buy a Daytona this upcoming year but then it says they expect prices to go higher in 2024.

Makes sense to me, they say don't buy because prices rising. you buy low & then sell high, as the old saying goes. Leon.

Kowal

Silly article.  You could do a drinking game with the number of times he uses "rig"!
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Pinballjim on December 28, 2023, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on December 27, 2023, 09:02:09 AMSadly gone are the days when an average enthusiast can afford these cars, let alone drive them.

I am an average enthusiast.   I saved my pennies, bought one (a 'Bird, not a 'Tona), and dammit, I'm using it!   No, I'm not driving it a lot, but I AM using it.  The projected value of these cars is irrelevant to me.  I'm never selling it.  My wife will cut it loose the day after I die.  She calls it her "beach house". 

If you want one, do your homework and go get one!!  You only live once.  This is not a dress rehearsal.   

Glad you were able to secure one Jim  :2thumbs:

Been lookin for many a year, and have done my homework. Most sell at auctions and those for sale outside auctions ask auction prices - or more if they are a dealer. 

Sgt Superbird

Jim, I get first dibs, remember!  :yesnod:

Pinballjim

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on December 29, 2023, 02:23:24 PM

Jim, I get first dibs, remember!  :yesnod:

Call my wife when I die.   You have the phone number!!   Hope all is well!!

Aero426

Quote from: Kowal on December 28, 2023, 09:42:10 PMSilly article.  You could do a drinking game with the number of times he uses "rig"!

Exactly.   

These lower tier sites need to generate so much content.  You throw some words together and add a controversial title to get clicks.