News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picked up some parts today

Started by 70 sublime, December 28, 2023, 06:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I grab some ods and ends when I see them
Saw a couple classified ads with some of these in them but they were about an hour and half away and after reading the ad they were just a couple blocks from my friends house so asked him if he could pick them up for me and sent him the moneyrad 1 28 12 2023.jpgrad 1 28 12 2023.jpg 

The first ad was for this power steering cooler
The guy said it was on his 69 Charger but swapped pumps and took it off
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Not sure how I got the first picture twice but anyways
This thing looks perfect other than a couple marks from the bolt were it was mounted

Is this an original by the numbers on it or is it a reproduction ??

70 sublime

A couple weeks later the same seller posted another ad with a bunch of Charger parts and these were in it
Well there was two sets but my buddy thought he would like one set for his car
I know they are a 68 thing but always thought they were cool and have been looking for some for a while now
Too bad I sold my 69 I was going to put them on a few months ago but thought why not  :icon_smile_big:

70 sublime

When I went to pick up my parts today my friend threw in a couple more parts he had no use for

I have mounted a 6 pack set up on my 440 for my 70 Charger
Seems they have a fast idle solenoid but I was missing it
Friend had a cruise control set up on one of his old cars and pulled it off and I remembered seeing this as part of his set up
I know it is the wrong mount bracket but it looks like the right solenoid for the job sol 1 28 12 2023.jpgsol 2 28 12 2023.jpg 

70 sublime

Last thing I got was from his old 72 Charger that is long gone now
When he first got it there was a mopar 8 track tape deck added on the front of the console
This mic was part of the set up but was not in the car when it left

Can anyone tell me if this is the original box for the mic or just an old box someone used to stoe it in ?mic 1 28 12 2023.jpgmic 2 28 12 2023.jpgmic 3 28 12 2023.jpg   

hemi-hampton

didn't they have a name for that mic set up, called a Dicta phone or something like that :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

tallzag

Yes that's the original box for it.  Restoring a 73 Charger in the shop right now and could really use that mic if you are selling it.  Please let me know.

jayco91

Where did the headlight surrounds go? Underneath the doors?

70 sublime

Quote from: jayco91 on December 30, 2023, 12:53:42 PMWhere did the headlight surrounds go? Underneath the doors?

On a 68 Charger they go around the head light bulbs themselves
It makes it look the same as the doors over the head lights but the doors are open

70 sublime

Quote from: tallzag on December 30, 2023, 11:53:51 AMYes that's the original box for it.  Restoring a 73 Charger in the shop right now and could really use that mic if you are selling it.  Please let me know.

I replied to your pm

AKcharger

hemi-hampton

The Complete Dictaphone set up looked like this. option R33 on your build sheet. I had one of these back in the mid to late 80's. Back then nobody wanted it & couldn't sell it for much. Leon.Dictaphone.png

71 SE3834V

Option R33 was for the microphone only.
R26 was for AM w/cassette.
R36 was for AM/FM w/cassette.
I have option R26 (and R31, rear speaker) on my build sheet. The housing (pictured above) was present but the player was missing which has since been replaced with a non-working one. The microphone slot is blank.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 71 SE3834V on January 01, 2024, 11:01:12 PMOption R33 was for the microphone only.
R26 was for AM w/cassette.
R36 was for AM/FM w/cassette.
I have option R26 (and R31, rear speaker) on my build sheet. The housing (pictured above) was present but the player was missing which has since been replaced with a non-working one. The microphone slot is blank.

Here it say's R33 was Microphone with Cassette Player. The Microphone plugs into Floor Mounted Cassette player I posted in Pic. How could you just order a Microphone only but have nothing to plug it into? :scratchchin:  :shruggy: RadioCodes.JPG

70 sublime

What was the purpose of the microphone ?

Could you use the car like a PA system or just record stuff on the cassette player ?

73rallye440magnum

I am looking for a set of 68 headlight bezels. Message me if you want to sell em.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

70 sublime

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on February 17, 2024, 07:38:51 PMI am looking for a set of 68 headlight bezels. Message me if you want to sell em.

Yes I had noticed your wanted ad

Not sure if I want to let them go as I had been looking a long time before I came across this set even though I no longer have a car they would fit since I sold the 69 and now working on a 70

PM me an offer if you want
Worst I can say is no

Stringbender

I've got an extra set of headlight bezels. If you don't get that set.