News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

turn signal switch

Started by Charger jUNkiE, January 05, 2024, 01:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger jUNkiE

Rebuilding my steering column for my 1970 charger.  The turn signal switch appears OK (mechanically)  looks O.G. or very close to O.G.   Cant seem to find one that matches the hazard button and mounting screw location.  I know it'll probably be expensive but who and where can I get a replacement that fits and works?   Like I said my original is mechanically good I want to check it electrically but the Service Manual has nothing resembling a schematic for the whats in the switch.  Any published diagrams or secret vendors out there that have these things would be appreciated.

thanks

Don

LaOtto70Charger

Vans auto carries a replacement.

birdsandbees

Google until you can't google no more for an NOS one. Reproductions are junk... do it once, do it right.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Back N Black

I agree the new ones are junk, I replaced two in the last 5 years. My buddy had an old steering column laying around his garage and I used the one from that column, its been a couple of years with no issues. So, if possible use the original.

Charger jUNkiE

Thanks all.  I shopped on the internet forever.  Finally found a NOS unit.  Pricey as hell but what are you going to do.  Looked at the ones on Vanns and there all questionable.  I think I am going to keep my old one as a just in case spare.  Tested it electrically and its good.