News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3d Printed Dodge Ram project (RC)

Started by timmycharger, January 10, 2024, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

You can never have too many hobbies in my opinion.  Been playing with hobby grade RC cars since I was about 13yrs old, it taught me basic mechanics and how to take things apart and put them back together at a young age.

I have several fast cars, electric/gas but I been interested in the scale crawler type cars lately after seeing my  brother in law's Traxxas Trx4 Bronco which is super detailed and lots of fun.   

I wanted to re create my old 87 Dodge Ram that I had years ago and sorely miss but nobody makes a scale body in 1/10 size.  Another hobby of mine is 3D printing so after finding a file on line on a late 80's body it was a no brainer to build one. It took about 2 weeks to print all of the body panels, some parts like the hood and quarters took about 2 days to print.  Since my printer is relatively small, I had to print it in pieces vs one big piece and then glue it all together which is why some of the panels are a bit wonky.  I am still working on the bed and grille and will do some "bodywork" to make it look presentable before painting it like my truck.

I even have the 3d files to print the little ram head hood ornament and the badges on the side. I was able to find 3D printed hurricane style wheels like I had too, they just need to be painted.

I also plan on re creating the plow which will be functional!

Mike DC

This is a cool project.  I'm curious to see how it shapes up.  Nice find on the wheels.

timmycharger

Thanks.

Some updated pics of the "bodywork" being done.  I am using Bondo spot filler, does a nice job on these models and is easy to sand. Next I will prime the body and start getting ready for color.