News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mods for 68 Charger TKX Conversion?

Started by the15car, January 17, 2024, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the15car

Does anyone know if the floor pan or crossmember need to be modified for a TXK on a second gen? I have the car on a rotisserie now and would like to factor that in if needed. It will be going behind a 440. Originally a 727 car. Saw a great thread on here for a TKO conversion but haven't been able to find a definitive answer for the TKX. Thank you.

Kern Dog

I wrote a thread on this forum as well as a couple others on the TKO swap into my '70 Charger. My screen name is the same on all forums I'm on including FBBO (For B Bodies Only) and FABO (For A Bodies Only) as well as the 1970 Charger registry unless the totalitarian dictator that runs that site erased it.
I just had a 69 Coronet in my shop for a TKX conversion from a 727 automatic. It bolts in the same as a TKO but the modifications to the transmission tunnel are not as extensive. The hole you cut for the shifter is smaller too.
The owner of the Coronet uses a screen name "CoronetDarter" since he owns a Dart as well.
Here is a link to that thread on FBBO:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/tremec-tkx-5-speed-conversion.277394/

the15car

Thank you! Yours was actually the post I was referring to with the TKO swap. I knew the TKX was a smaller package so I didn't know how the TKO to TKX modifications compared.