News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much is a pistol grip 4 speed console handle worth ??

Started by 70 sublime, January 22, 2024, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I have the non console version in my car now and looking to put a console set up in it
Just trying to figure out the going price for just the proper handle ?grip 2  22 01 2023.jpg
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

timmycharger

A quick search on Ebay sold items show one that was drilled for a modern style mechanism (2 holes) and that got $400. That one had ok chrome.

I paid about that 20 years ago for an original slip in style that needed to be re-chromed and about 7 years ago, traded it straight up for a re chromed original with holes drilled for a modern mechanism.

You could buy the reproductions a few years back but the font looked different than the originals. 

timmycharger

Yep, that is the reproduction one I mentioned.  Not sure what the pros/cons are to it but if it is anything like my AMD bumpers and other repop stuff, I would expect to be disappointed.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: timmycharger on January 22, 2024, 05:02:31 PMYep, that is the reproduction one I mentioned.  Not sure what the pros/cons are to it but if it is anything like my AMD bumpers and other repop stuff, I would expect to be disappointed.

I have one, not installed yet, but it looks pretty good to me... :shruggy:

70 sublime

Are the reproduction ones as stiff as an original as in does it flex at all with the zig and zag part in the handle ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 22, 2024, 05:18:22 PMAre the reproduction ones as stiff as an original as in does it flex at all with the zig and zag part in the handle ?

It seems very rigid to me, but I haven't jerked on it yet.  :scratchchin:

Just buy one, and be happy.  :icon_smile_big:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: timmycharger on January 22, 2024, 05:02:31 PMYep, that is the reproduction one I mentioned.  Not sure what the pros/cons are to it but if it is anything like my AMD bumpers and other repop stuff, I would expect to be disappointed.

NO, nothing wrong with repop stuff :smilielol: