News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter Window Up Stops

Started by Gregory, January 31, 2024, 02:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

I am missing the quarter window up stops for my 69. It's preventing me from final adjustments of the windows.

Can't find them anywhere or people want $100 a bracket.

Question, does anyone have these OR can some one get me measurements so I can cut an L bracket to size.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Greg
Gregd28@icloud.com

IMG_7993.jpeg

Kern Dog

Wow....I had no idea that those even existed. I thought the rubber seal served as the upper limit.

Gregory

Interesting... it seems with out them my quarter windows go too high.. and too far forward.

Have there been cars with out these installed with windows aligned and working well? If there's a trick to not needing these id love to hear it, would save me trouble of searching for these impossible to find parts.

Kern Dog

My car may actually have them. When I painted it, I did take the upper window track out to get paint everywhere but I just don't remember those limiters.
I've read about the difficulty of installing the rear window regulators...I've never had mine out in either car despite having the red one since 2000 and the ratty one since 2019.

2 Chargerz.jpg

Gregory

Yes, huge pain. I didn't take the rear regulars out of my car.. I got "most" of the pieces in buckets but I've been able to get both sides in, and working perfectly, roll up and down nice, just need these limit stops so I can adjust.

I have all the windows in, those brackets are the last thing I'm missing to have everything on all the windows.

I'm gonna start another thread when the time comes if it's best start with the door glass or quarter glass, the repair book doesn't really state the process in a clear detail.

My guess is start with the vent window to a pillar and then door glass to upper seal then 1/4 window to door glass. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

donavonknight

Try this Facebook group to see if the admin or another member has them for a good price

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563946130629399/

If not I can try get you a diagram of mine

Gregory

Thanks, found them for $15 each at Tony's mopar parts.