News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To what end for your Charger?

Started by b5blue, February 15, 2024, 07:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

Not making plans as they have a way of changing, whether you like it or not.

Stringbender

This is the kind of post that has hooked me to back to this forum after being mostly absent for the last 5 years. Credit to B5blue for that. So many great responses to this question. Owning a second Gen charger was the only thing I truly wanted in life. It's about the only thing that I've achieved that hasn't disappointed either. It's only been 6 years for me but I've thought about this since day one. I have 4 kids a wife and one charger. Last year I sat my kids down and had them watch the "Black Ghost" video on YouTube. At the end as they sat teary eyed. I had them google black ghost. They were horrified to see the #1 search result being that it it had just sold at auction. "That ain't happening to my car" I said. My plan is to leave it to everyone (Yes in writing it's already written up) Wife an kids will basically be a board of trustees. Sharing the cost to maintain and care for the car. So it's not a burden to any one individual. They'll also get to share enjoying the car. My hope is it'll help keep them connected to each other. After I'm gone. I know I'll be dead so who cares, and who knows. I sleep great at night knowing at least everyone is clear on my wishes. Reading replies from long time owners in different stages in life. Is very interesting and enlightening. It's just a car that for whatever reasons has become ridiculously "valuable" I know, and as Will said plans have a way of changing. My crappy charger is both priceless and worthless at the same time. My charger to what end? I guess it's be it's best caretaker while I live. My wishes are known and that's all I can hope for in the end.

Kern Dog

If the "Black Ghost" is the story about that '70 Challenger, I hope for your sake that you were able to see through that whole scam.
Come on, man....a heavy, fully loaded Hemi Challenger, totally stock with maybe the exhaust removed, zero special tuning yet somehow it was supposedly a dominant street racer worthy of legendary status?
The people that actually fell for this are not real car gearhead car guys, they are the type that watched Graveyard Cars and believe it is real too.
No offense meant to you but the whole thing was a mountain out of a molehill. At the core, the truth was actually limited to being a story of a veteran that became a policeman, a man that owned a car that was a mid 13 second car as it was. He may have been a great guy but the story is grossly exaggerated.

Stringbender

Well said Kern, and I totally agree. It was a really good "story". That certainly helped drive up the price of the car. Showing them that was a manipulative move on my part for sure. As I knew it would tug on my daughters heart strings especially. They were just so pissed to see the happy ending of the video snatched away like that. Hopeful that shared experience might help them keep the car a little longer.