News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To what end for your Charger?

Started by b5blue, February 15, 2024, 07:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

What is the end game for your Charger? Are you saving it to sell later or something else? Mine is a part of the family after almost 30 years. (Much of that time a work car hauling tools and making store runs.) It's paid it's dues and lives the life of Riley mostly repaired and sort of restored. My kids all want to keep it so it stays in the family.  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

If I have a Charger when I croak the kids will have to sort it out
I think they like the car because I do but my 3 kids are not really car people

I never keep a Charger for ever
Seem to get board and want to move on to another adventure

I have been trading up everytime so the toy keeps getting better :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

will

Kern Dog

I don't think about what will happen to my cars when I'm dead unless I kick before the wife.
If she wanted to sell it, I'd understand. As much as she likes it, a manual transmission isn't her thing so she'd sell it and bank the cash.
I'd have no problem going to my grave knowing that.

TTSaleen

Being the 2nd owner of my 68 Charger, I plan to keep it a long time.
I've already told my wife and daughter if they were to sell it after I'm gone, I'd be OK with that.
Unless something happens health-wise as I get older, I don't plan to get rid of it.
Now if someone comes along with alot of cash...................  :lol:

Ryan
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

Gold Rush

Everyone that matters knows my "fully restored" '74 SE Brougham will be my son's when I get too decerped to care for it or pass away.  His oldest daughter fell in love with it the first time I let her set behind the wheel!  Guess who is #2 in line when the time comes. :2thumbs:
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

CDN72SE

This year will be 38 years owning for me. Will keep it until I can no longer drive it, then it's up to my family to decide its fate.
1972 Charger SE

HANDM

For the 30+ years of ownership/ caretaking of my 69, I had no intentions of selling it as It was more of a piece of eye candy than an actual enjoyable driving experience. When the mice started invading it it had become a troublesome asset that I could no longer stand to let be a home for them (mice).
While I do miss having it to look at, I'm happy that it went to someone who'll enjoy it like I never had a real chance to do.
I'm planning on concentrating the Challenger and hopefully enjoy it to some degree before I let it go too and thus end my long and torturous relationship with Mopar muscle.....

Mike DC

My loved ones can scrap all my worldly possessions 5 minutes after I die if it would make their lives a tiny bit better. IDGAF.  In 100 years nobody is gonna remember any of us or anything we owned.   

6pkrtse

I have had my red 70 since I was a teenager in high school for 34+ yearsnow My second 70 Charger I have had about 15 years now. I will die with them both.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

lloyd3

My car was for my pleasure, period. The fact that it is now worth something is immaterial. My son has become a true "car nut" because of it (for better or for worse) and he will be the next owner when I'm finally done with it. With all of the changes I'm seeing in the world (political & economic) I'm not sure it will be much of an asset by that time but...oh well.

John_Kunkel

I often like to quip "I wish I was Jay Leno" i.e. having the money and a place to keep all the 65+ cars I've owned over my lifetime..but the reality is, having neither, I have to let them go when the thrill is over and I lust for something different. I truly wish I could have kept my three Chargers for life but.........
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

MsMopar

Well, I have my 1969 500 restored for the most part. Some things could be improved but it's pretty much intact and drivable. 1969 Rt/SE is still waiting to be restored but it is going to need just about every piece of sheet metal replaced. I'm glad I still have it though because the prices of 69 chargers have gone through the roof. We have a few more dodge Plymouth and AMC cars on the list also so charger number 2 is still waiting for it's time. My kids have no interest in cars but they are aware enough to get a good price for them if I pass away. Most of what we have are project cars so you're looking to spend at least 50k to get them back on the road. Everyone of them is special to me.

marshallfry01

I have no kids but if I make a will I'll probably give my 69 383 car to my wife and my brother will get the 69 R/T that I'm making into a General Lee. I've told them both that I'd rather them sell the cars to a hood home instead of letting them sit in the garage or the woods for 30 years after I'm gone.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

RallyeMike

I'm giving one away to the kid of the previous owner. I'm looking forward to sending it home and having more clear shop space. As for the other two and all the parts, ... I plan to continue slowly selling things off over the next 10-15 years until I get to zero.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Nacho-RT74

Once in the past I dreamed having one of each gen, one 67, one 69 and my 74 which even the 71 is the most desireable, 74 is still my fav, so no reason to sell or change it. That dream seems is not going to happen.

Said that, and with my car in parts at a paint shop since 2013 in Venezuela, once is reassembled my plan is bring it to Spain and enjoy it as far gas prices and availability in Europe allows that. Rent it for TV commercials, music videos, wedings, events, etc...

Not thinking on selling but just if the life demands it.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargerperson

Keeping my 67 until I die I suspect.  Fully professionally restored in 2015 so only thing left to do is drive it.
Not sure what my two sons will do with it I am gone

HeavyFuel

It'll go to a new owner when I'm unable to work on it myself (age, health, etc).  My boys appreciate the car for what it is, but aren't really into cars in the sense you need to be in to own one of these.

Had it for 33+ years now, completely disassembled and restored by me except for body, paint and engine rebuild.  I probably know that car better than I do my wife (30+ yrs), and it's more reliable and has a better body.

Yeah, that day is gonna be a rough one.

kab69440

To see it as I've dreamed it. Throw it around the Nurburgring, make a bad car chase movie and get buried in it when I go.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

71charger_fan

I've had a lot of health problems over the past 11 months including needing the paddles in the ER to keep going. So, I've reached a point where the car no longer seems so important. I've been seriously considering finally parting with mine as I'd hate for my wife to have to deal with it if I should have another emergency that doesn't turn out in my favor. If it goes, it's going with all the spare parts.

b5blue

cdr

My health sucks, just had another Kidney cancer surgery & I have Multiple Sclerosis , I love my 68 Charger all built by me from the cyl head porting to the tires LOL, runs high 10's 1/4 & can drive it anywhere, if something bad breaks not sure I can fix it if its a big physically demanding job so thinking about selling it, when I walk out to my shop & see it & my 2020 T/A 392 Challenger , I think the Challenger makes me smile more than the Charger, the new Challengers are an awesome looking & driving car I love it , by the way my bone stock Challenger runs 11.79 1/4 , pretty good for a heavy boat.  428611481_7255048721220441_3334432316311069281_n.jpg
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Q5XX29

I feel very blessed to have three fantastic kids (all boys) who love my cars, and they will inherit all of my cars someday. Except maybe my LO23 Dart.. man, my wife hates that car! She might insist on selling that one so nobody gets killed in that beast.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Mike DC

Quote from: 71charger_fan on February 28, 2024, 10:08:29 PMI've had a lot of health problems over the past 11 months including needing the paddles in the ER to keep going. So, I've reached a point where the car no longer seems so important. I've been seriously considering finally parting with mine as I'd hate for my wife to have to deal with it if I should have another emergency that doesn't turn out in my favor. If it goes, it's going with all the spare parts.

:o

Wow!  Scary. 

Glad you're still with us, with or without a Charger. 

Kern Dog

Quote from: cdr on March 02, 2024, 01:32:29 AMMy health sucks, just had another Kidney cancer surgery & I have Multiple Sclerosis , I love my 68 Charger all built by me from the cyl head porting to the tires LOL, runs high 10's 1/4 & can drive it anywhere, if something bad breaks not sure I can fix it if its a big physically demanding job so thinking about selling it, when I walk out to my shop & see it & my 2020 T/A 392 Challenger , I think the Challenger makes me smile more than the Charger, the new Challengers are an awesome looking & driving car I love it , by the way my bone stock Challenger runs 11.79 1/4 , pretty good for a heavy boat.  428611481_7255048721220441_3334432316311069281_n.jpg

That sucks, Charlie. You've been a cool guy for the time I've read your posts here and on other forums. It is a terrible thing to deal with failing health.
The new hot rods are a lot more comfortable, that is true. You have to admit though..... It is hard to beat a classic car in terms of style and simplicity.