News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Members locked out, labeled "Scammers" despite no history of that ??

Started by Kern Dog, February 20, 2024, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

DC.com member birdsandbees has been locked out the last couple of days. He was logged on Friday, he changed nothing yet cann't log on now....he gets some error message accusing him of being a scammer.
This site needs all the active members it can get. Wayne is a solid guy that deserves better.

birdsandbees

Thanks Greg. Just managed to get in via my phone, that I have never viewed this forum on. Still cannot get in via desk top. Still states " Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! Spammers. This ban is not set to expire." Hitting the log in icon the drop down box has one option that stated... "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum"
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Kern Dog

I've gotten that notification but it was intentional....Some moderators are more understanding than others.
Phone use for this forum is difficult for me. The print is SO small, it is hard to make sense of anything.

Nacho-RT74

Maybe a cookies problem? Have you tried clean your desktop cookies?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Old Moparz

I remember Troy explaining it once before & I think it was based on where the ISP was shown to be from.  :shruggy:

Had nothing to do with the individual member.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

HANDM

Yeah, I'm banned on the desktop too. Posting/ viewing from the phone atm.

hemigeno

Yeah, it's tied to the ISP - some are really, really prone to spam attacks.  That's why you can log in via one server (cellphone) but not another (PC).  The member name is not banned, just a series of ISP addresses.

I cannot change those kinds of settings, but hopefully Troy can get it straightened out soon.

Sorry for the headaches. 

Gene

marshallfry01

It's the opposite for me. I'm banned on my iPhone but I can log in on my laptop no problem. I find it weird how I can do that because I don't have wifi. I hotspot everything through my iPhone when I need internet connection.  Who knows. Sometimes I hate electronics
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

birdsandbees

Well a month now and not as much as a reply to three emails to Troy....

Have a hard time believing they all was good one day and then banned the next from an IP that I've had for over 20 years.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

hemigeno

I'm sorry that you guys are still having login issues, and that Wayne hasn't heard back from Troy just yet.  He mentioned not too long ago that he has a LOT more on his plate on the personal side these days.

Thanks for your patience...