News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Cup car vs 2024 Cup car

Started by JB400, February 23, 2024, 02:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Even though this is just a sim, I thought it'd be cool to see how this race would turn out in real life. I think it'd take more than two laps for the Superbird to overtake the new car

Sgt Superbird

b5blue

Not to mention there is not one "stock" part on the new car. (So how is it NA "S" CAR?)  :lol:

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: JB400 on February 23, 2024, 02:29:17 AM

Even though this is just a sim, I thought it'd be cool to see how this race would turn out in real life. I think it'd take more than two laps for the Superbird to overtake the new car
And the sound is terrible.

KWampus

I had the opportunity to interview Richard P back round 1987-88 at the Talladega race
I asked about the wing things vs current race cars at the time.
Richard told me a wing thing would beat the the nascar car of those times and with the better engine technolgy it would be even faster than 1970. The wing cars made a good driver better and allowed the car to pick a fast line on the track the other cars could not handle.

Jr Johnson was interviewed by playboy magazine iirc properly - still looking for the interview  ca 1980's and Jr said a good whisky car was faster than the current race cars of those times.....

Aero426

The wing car has more frontal area than the current Cup car.   Ditto on a much more upright windshield.   it's a lot more car to push through the wind. It is also 600 pounds heavier. It's got a lot less tire in terms of size.  The 1970 engine configuration was maxed out at a little over 600 HP unrestricted on the best days.    The current Cup car is restricted to 510 at Daytona.   The wing car will still handle great.   Take the restrictor off the current Cup car, and it will blow the wing car into the weeds.

KurtfromLaQuinta

And we have this without the sandbagging...