News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advise for ignition module

Started by 69wannabe, February 25, 2024, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Well I am pretty sure my old mopar chrome box has crapped out on my charger. After replacing my broken motor mount and rebuilding the carburetor and I also replaced the ignition coil I was driving today and everything seemed to be running great. Got back home and I was just re checking the float levels on the carburetor and bumped the idle up just a tad checking my mixture screws and the engine just shut off. I knew it wasn't flooding out or not getting fuel so I grabbed the extra chrome box out of the glove compartment and stuck it on there pretty quickly.  It fired right back up and back to normal.  Is anyone else still running the mopar style ignition module box? I know it's kind of an outdated system but it works fine 99% of the time. I got an MSD blaster 2 coil with a MSD resistor with a firecore distributor and plug wire set. Just wondering what we can get now that is reliable in terms of a mopar style ignition module since the chrome box is no longer available.  I have seen a blue one on ebay but not sure how good it might be. Thanks for any advise in advance

armor64

A good older friend has a completely stock 3rd gen charger, OE wiring and everything. A few years ago i helped him replace the module that he put in in the 90's. Now with the new built ones we are able to find, they seem to last a year and crap out on him. he keeps 2 in boxes, plus a coil, with the tools in the trunk, just in case now. i believe the one in there now was a standard products LX101T (grey color?) that lasted all 2023 for him at least.

b5blue

My Firecore dizzy crapped out on me a few years ago. I use MSD now.