News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not my favorite type of paint to use, tri stage Pearl.

Started by hemi-hampton, February 26, 2024, 12:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Not my favorite type of paint to spray, worse yet pain in the ass to have to blend. Pearl 3 stage or tri stage. At least it's a Mopar but a newer one. Leon.P1050755.JPGP1050757.JPGP1050760.JPG   

marshallfry01

Nearly every body/paint guy talks like this color is a nightmare to work on. It's a beautiful color, but I wouldn't buy a vehicle that color just because any paintwork would be expensive.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

hemi-hampton

Yeah, any tri stage Candy or Pearl sucks. The worse part is when you have to spot repair it, not like spotting a solid color which is easy. And then you got like different variations to deal with  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :shruggy: & if you bought the same paint from 3 different paint company's you'd get 3 different colors.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: marshallfry01 on February 26, 2024, 02:49:14 PMNearly every body/paint guy talks like this color is a nightmare to work on. It's a beautiful color, but I wouldn't buy a vehicle that color just because any paintwork would be expensive.

Yeah, expensive, my boss took it upon himself to order the paint himself, only got a pint but he ordered the wrong variation so there goes $200 or $300 worth of paint I couldn't use on it & could not return. will sit on bench for next 20 years until it gets thrown away?  :brickwall:  :brickwall:
even when he ordered the right variation it still didn't match & wrong color

Kern Dog

There is a color on the Challengers from 10 years ago, I don't know how long they used it.
Redline Tri-color pearl was the description I was told.
It is a metallic red that is beautiful. I've considered it for this car if/when I need to repaint it.

R T 8 Aba.jpg

hemi-hampton

I'm familiar with the Redline Red, Sprayed it a few times. It's a candy color with no pearl if I remember right. The new candy's are much easier to spray, like this redline is candy red over a red base. not like the old days when you sprayed over silver or gold which is much more difficult. John Kosmoski from House of Colors calls these new candy's idiot proof. Leon.

Kern Dog

Well, that helps. I don't need the paint work to HELP me be an idiot.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 28, 2024, 12:48:59 PMWell, that helps. I don't need the paint work to HELP me be an idiot.

you can say that again.  :eek2: