News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HP big block manifold limits?

Started by marshallfry01, February 26, 2024, 08:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallfry01

I'm brainstorming the engine build in my next project. It's a 69 R/T 440 car and had a lot of parts missing when I bought it. Engine, trans, seats, and gauge cluster were missing. Since so many valuable parts are gone I don't plan on doing a 100% OE type resto. I'm planning on making it it a General Lee. Basically a factory R/T with decals and vector wheels. I'm willing to take a few liberties under the hood but I want it to somewhat look "factory" or at least "period correct" at first glance.  I'm considering the trick flow top end kit for my 440.  I'm still not sure if i'll go the stroker route or not.

But for my main question.... at what point are the HP manifolds too restrictive? The trick flow 270s would be my pick but i'm not sure if its even worth it if I'm wanting to run manifolds. I love the way headers look but i'm not a fan of the heat they put out and they take up so much room. I have a complete set of 906 heads but im sure they will need to be gone through. I'm trying to weigh the difference of having the 906's ported vs going with new aluminum heads. Another plus for aluminum is I can bump the compression up a little bit more.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

b5blue

I have Sidewinder aluminum heads with a CH4B intake and HP exhaust manifolds. Runs pretty good for the money.  :2thumbs:

marshallfry01

Quote from: b5blue on February 26, 2024, 10:05:49 PMI have Sidewinder aluminum heads with a CH4B intake and HP exhaust manifolds. Runs pretty good for the money.  :2thumbs:

Did you have to do any work to the heads or were they good to go right out of the box?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

b5blue

Out of the box. Call Todd he can set you up. Match springs to cam.