News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rats...

Started by b5blue, March 04, 2024, 08:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Mice and other furry munchers eating wire:   https://www.abcactionnews.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/rodents-eating-car-wiring-causing-thousands-of-dollars-in-damage
  I've lid covered garbage cans, leave nothing food related outside and spread "Tomcat" rat baits now and then.The laser on my Crossman pump BB gun is set so well it lights up the back side of a fired BB about 20 feet out.  :scratchchin: 

70 sublime

My buddy bought a new VW suv around Christmas time
He had been keeping it in his garage
Had to go back to dealership 3 times now because mice have been chewing on the wires

He has since kept the car outside in the cold seems to have stopped them from wanting to chew on things when it was in his nice warm garage
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

armor64

my dads co-worker a decade ago had a Nissan Leaf where rodents ate the insulation off the harnesses 2x. the warranty covered the first, but they refused on the second, apparently the insulation was changed to a plant-based option that they loved or something more edible (no idea if true)

Kern Dog

It is true.
There has been a shift to soy-based insulation. I suspect it was an EPA mandate to cut back on petroleum based plastic insulation and not a cost saving measure.
I had rodent damage to a 2003 CRV. The fuel injector harness had one injector with the wires chewed off. I soldered in a new section and it runs fine again.
I read online that rats hate the smell and taste of peppermint so I bought this:

Peppermint.JPG

I love the smell...Underhood it smells like Christmas.