News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help identifying Seats for 69 Charger RT

Started by matrout76, March 07, 2024, 12:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrout76

The seats in the attached photo came with my 1969 Charger RT when i got it in 2009...I took them out, stored them in the barn, and now am looking at them.

I have looked at photos of other seats for 69 chargers and cannot find anything with the fabric/tweed center panels.

There is a metal tag on the bag of the seats with what appears to have the date 5 26 69 on it.  I can take a phot if that would be helpful.

Are these some kid of rare seat cover option, or out of a different car?

the back seat looks like every 69 charger back seat i see on Google Images.

Any help identifying these would be appreciated!  I'm trying to decide if i keep them, or sell them and get something more modern.

Thanks!
Matt

70 sublime

My 69 Charger had the covers made of two different materials also
They were pretty chewed up but could still see it on the back seat
Will see if I can find the pictures

Not sure your patern is the same but those look like mopar seats

My car was an early production car but I no longer own it :(
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mike DC

Those look like real 69 Charger seats + some custom upholstery work to add the center fabric.  That kind of thing used to be common in the 70s-80s.  There were no catalog reproduction seatcovers and every town had a few mom-n-pop upholstery shops.     

matrout76

Thanks for the replies!

I'll take a closer look at them to see if i can tell if the upholstery work is original or has been redone/custom.

Thanks!

Dino

Looks like a repair job. Mine have yhe center pieces redone as well with different material.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

I could not find my picture but this is a new set with both kinds of material

Yes my back seat did have the same pattern with the cloth part as the vinyl would have been

70 sublime

seat 11 03 2024.jpg

I came across the picture of my old back seat when I was searching for something else