News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much is my '68 Charger project car Worth?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 14, 2024, 10:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I see 2nd Generation Charger project cars being offered for what seems to me to be lots of money.

Are people really paying these prices, or are the sellers all flippers just fishing for a big score?

I have one that I've owned for going on 35 years, and I haven't done much with it.

I'm entertaining the thought of thinning the herd a bit, and getting down to just 2 or 3 cars.

It's a '68 318 car, with a junkyard 400 and 727 in it.

I last had it running 15 or 20 years ago.

about six months ago, I filled the cylinders with marvel mystery oil and let it sit.

Yesterday, I put a wrench on the crank bolt,

The engine is stuck.

It's white with a blue bucket seat/column shift fold down arm rest interior.

Someone in the distant past chiseled a hole in the transmission hump to reach down and put the car in gear. I have a small patch piece for it.

I have the seats, but I took them out for the floor photo I'll post below.

Trunk floor and lower quarters are shot.

Frame rails look good.

I removed the grill for safe keeping many years ago when I put the car in my

friend's barn. There's lots of activity in his barn, I didn't want it to get broken by

a tractor or something.

The grill is stored in the rafters of my garage.

I have the title in my name.

I also have the fender tag and the build sheet.

So...What's it worth ?

:scratchchin:  :shruggy:

my68wcragars.jpgmy68wocragers.jpgmy68floors.jpgmy68grill.jpg   

marshallfry01

I feel like Charger values are all over the place. I personally think 15-18k would be a fair price. But you could throw it online for 28k and work your way down from there. Looks like a really good project. I already have too many cars or I would be interested. It would be a good candidate for a gen 3 hemi or similar. That's the beauty of a non numbers matching small block car.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks for the replies.  :cheers:

More opinions, please.

This could get interesting...

:scratchchin:

timmycharger

Just did a quick search on Ebay for 68 Chargers that have sold. A few came up that looked to be in similar condition went for around 23K but who knows how real those results are.  I would say 18 to 20K.

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

70 sublime

I wish I could find one in that shape closer to home
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green