News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dumb traffic tickets

Started by b5blue, March 25, 2024, 07:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I got many tickets in my younger days. The dumb ones were for "exhibition driving" (Catching 2nd gear rubber.) and driving with no helmet in a 64 Nova wagon. (I was followed around driving a dirt bike I didn't own.) I was pulled over for a bumper sticker that said WARNING I SPEED UP TO RUN DOWN SMALL ANIMALS and later for saying "You'll never catch me copper" as I passed a cop at a 4 way STOP. (I'd watched Jimmy Cagney's movie the night before.)
  You guys have any oddball stops?  :scratchchin:

armor64

My only ones (not actually a ticket) was when I first got my '78 GMC truck on the road in 08ish, (back when temp plate/rego was allowed during registration process)

I Triumphantly drove my buddy home, back across our small town. On the way out, I got pulled over for no plate, but after he called in the temp paper on the windshield, I was let go with a "have a good one, and nice truck Kid". Dropped buddy off and heading home, on my side of town, another cop pulled me over for the same reason, she was a motorcycle cop. as she also called it in, i heard the dispatch say "blue truck, young kid driving with a temp plate? Mike just called him in, hes good to go" got a laugh and on my way again.

RallyeMike

How about non-tickets?: 1981 just put a new (used) engine in my buddies brand X car and he wanted to go for a spin. He got nailed doing a burn out and a doughnut right in front of a cop, then speeding, no hood, expired tabs, no registration in the car, and no drivers license on him.... and the cop let him off. 43 years later I still can't believe it.   
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70 sublime

Back in the 80's we used to fix up wrecking yard write off cars
In 1986 I fixed up a brand new Black 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo 5 speed standard car

It was a Tuesday night and had just had one of my best nights I ever had at bowling
On my way home stoped right next door at the plaza to check my lotto tickets
I won $5
Another plus for my already great night
This is all on the edge of town
We live on a farm about 5 miles out

So when I left the plaza I was not wasting any time cause life was good and started winding it out through the gears
Looked back and saw the lights
Hmm is he looking for me cause I was not over the speed limit by much yet 
So I slowed down and waited
Yep he wanted to talk to me
Just wanted to make sure I had not robbed the store because he had seen me leave in a hurry
Cop said thanks for stopping and try to keep my foot off the gas a bit while still in town limits :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Wingnut426

I got pulled over when I was young by a cop that was known as a prick. He looked over my car and saw I had a small crack in my windshield on the passenger side. He gave me a ticket with "inspection required" checked off. Most cops would just say "get it fixed".
I went the next day to the motor vehicle dept. in the rain and parked real close to the car next to me on the passenger side.
The inspector ran out to my car just looked real quick in the pouring rain. Never saw the crack. He checked off my ticket and said "you are all set".
I dripped white shoe polish on the crack so it looked like bird poop. The same cop stopped me and said, "I see you got a new windshield".  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Old Moparz

Any ticket that I ever got I technically deserved. What's unbelievable about it is that I NEVER got a ticket in my own car & I've been driving since 1980. :o  Most were for speeding 10 to 15 MPH over the limit. One time I was ticketed for making a left at a certain time of day in NYC where I wasn't supposed to. Cop in a 3 wheeled scooter was hiding behind a dumpster & when I turned he pulled out in front of me to stop me.

Another time & was trapped behind a person doing 15 in a 30 zone for several miles late at night. I couldn't take it & finally went over the double yellow line to pass him & a cop further down the road coming towards me saw it & waited until I passed & then made a u-turn to pull me over. It wouldn't surprise me if the slow poke I was behind was a drunk who should've been pulled over.

I had been pulled over in my own cars but no tickets. There was this time I bought a 1970 Charger for parts for $200 but it was a running & driving car so I drove it. I transferred plates & insurance to it & NJ gave you 14 days to get it inspected & then 30 days to fix what it failed for. I failed for loose steering, no exhaust & open headers, no brake lights & probably a couple more things. It was 100% legal but the cop was angry that he couldn't give me a ticket.  :smilielol:

The only other time I was pulled over was in my 1970 Coronet for absolutely no reason except that the cops were hoping to find something. Was on my way to the drag strip with friends & a cop pulled us over. He never gave a reason but made us get out, empty out pockets, looked in the car & the ashtray & lectured us on how smoking pot was illegal. None of us has smoked or had anything on us. I told him he forgot to search the trunk & should look inside. He said no need but I insisted & showed him a great looking spare tire. (Fucking prick...LoL)

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JB400

9 times for walking to Wal-Mart in a 3 month period.

timmycharger

Got pulled over in my town 2 times about 20 years ago in my 68 Charger.  No tickets though!

The first time, I was with my Dad who came with me for a ride to the parts store. My Father is from Italy, came here in his 30s and doesn't really get the muscle car thing, he is more of a sports car guy. He was lecturing me while we were driving about how in Italy, the car would not be able to be registered or even legal if you change the original engine out (not sure how true this was). This is just after pulling the 318 out and putting in the 440 and I am not even running a hood at this point.   So we get pulled over in the parking lot. The officer gets out and the first thing he asks me is " Is that the original engine?" I said no and looked at my Dad who was visibly nervous.  About 20 minutes later about chatting about Mopars he let us go. Not even sure why he pulled me over, but I got some great stories about my town and in the early 70s when a local Dodge dealer was doing exhibition runs down main street. Pretty cool but it was fun to see my Dad's face.

The second time I deserved to be pulled over but still didnt get a ticket.  I was going to the track that weekend and was trying to tune my six pack, changing squirters, springs and jets.  I would make a change and then go for a spin around the neighborhood.  I went to a spot I know where there is little to no traffic and did a couple of off the line launches into second gear (car was auto then).  An officer was stopped where I didnt see him and of course pulled me over.   Instead of giving me a ticket or even a warning he was more interested in the six pack set up as he never saw one in person. After several minutes of talking cars, he left.  I must have left 10 feet of dark rubber, he didnt seem to care.

I try not to push my luck anymore, that was 20 something years ago, I dont think the current crop of officers in my town would appreciate that anymore.

Polygon

Only had one ticket last year for running a red light with a camera. I was actually paying attention to another car that switched Lanes in front of me. Hey that was my fault.

But in my younger days, my 1969 Chevelle SS was a ticket magnet. The funny thing is I let my buddies drive the car and they would come back with tickets.

I've been pulled over five times, twice for speeding, (70 in a 55), once for spinning tires in the rain. And a couple others I can't remember and every time I did not get a ticket. I simply said yes sir officer I did it.

My ex-wife said I drove like an old fart. I'm very careful today cuz there's too many nuts on the road. If the link works that's my car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3agWeLv57vzhSkYu9

PS, went back to Upstate New York with my chevelle. I think I'm 19 or 20 years old with my buddy Rick. The town has 2,000 people. Rick is driving and hitting the gas just to chirp the tires. We're having a great time. And the cop on duty waves at us pulls us over, "Rick, go do that out in the country".
That was Fort Plain New York about 1979
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

426HemiChick

Quote from: Polygon on April 22, 2024, 10:26:42 PMOnly had one ticket last year for running a red light with a camera. I was actually paying attention to another car that switched Lanes in front of me. Hey that was my fault.

But in my younger days, my 1969 Chevelle SS was a ticket magnet. The funny thing is I let my buddies drive the car and they would come back with tickets.

I've been pulled over five times, twice for speeding, (70 in a 55), once for spinning tires in the rain. And a couple others I can't remember and every time I did not get a ticket. I simply said yes sir officer I did it.

My ex-wife said I drove like an old fart. I'm very careful today cuz there's too many nuts on the road. If the link works that's my car.

PS, went back to Upstate New York with my chevelle. I think I'm 19 or 20 years old with my buddy Rick. The town has 2,000 people. Rick is driving and hitting the gas just to chirp the tires. We're having a great time. And the cop on duty waves at us pulls us over, "Rick, go do that out in the country".
Quote from: Polygon on April 22, 2024, 10:26:42 PMOnly had one ticket last year for running a red light with a camera. I was actually paying attention to another car that switched Lanes in front of me. Hey that was my fault.

Hola Folks,            22 April 2024

Times have changed, so have the cars, the cops and society in general; none for the better. Tough to see our country being torn apart by scum with nothing at stake.

Hopefully, common sense will prevail, though I won't put any money on it. What the heck, our money is worthless so nothing much to lose.

Hoping all gets better in the near future.

Best Always
426 HC's
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Kern Dog

I am not going to claim that Police are perfect but it has been my experience that every time that I have been cited, I was guilty of something.
Speeding, following too close, failure to stop, vehicle too low, expired registration, loud exhaust. bald tires, cracked windshield....I earned them all.
Not so much anymore. Maybe I'm better at spotting the cops and toning it down when I see them??