News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper arm kink cam bushing

Started by AZMoparboy, April 08, 2024, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMoparboy

I bought my 1968 Charger in pieces not knowing if even some of the parts were the correct ones. It is a 3 speed wiper car. The motor that came with the car is an alternate motor and can work. I have access to a parts break down of the 1968 year cars. The thing is, I have no idea what the motor arm bushing even looks like. I've now ordered 2 wrong bushings and now I'm not going to order another one wrong again.

The arm I have is in the parts book, 23-67-76, (2580934). The bushing that should fit it is 23-67-132, (2857917). Can someone point me in the right direction for the correct bushing.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

armor64

for some reason i only have pics of the black square link bushings i got, not the one for the actual motor shaft (mine was original and in good shape), but i recall it looked like this one from the pics from Roseville:

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/wiper-motor-linkage-bushing-1968-70-variable-3-speed/

AZMoparboy

Thank you for posting that cam bushing picture. Unfortunately I need a two piece cam bushing. I just ordered one from classic industry and it look close to what I'm looking for but it's too big in diameter, to thick and the outer ring is clocked in the wrong direction. It says it was for a 69 to 77 year. I have pictures of the original Cam bushing and I'm having trouble acquiring the correct one. Hopefully one of the others here on this website will be able to help.

AZMoparboy