News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DodgeCharger.com PERSPECTIVE

Started by Sbird69, May 16, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbird69

This Forum has a decent number of Members and I have noticed the 'Position' category assigned to all.
A suggestion. Assign one other listed 'Position' to those that qualify. There are original first owner  and Long Term car owners that may occasionally browse this site and even at times participate,
Some of them have retained their car(s) fifty-six (56!) years! If they have I suggest to you there is a level of dedication to our history that you may want to recognize and even respect. The original Aero Car clubs for example began in late 1976 and 1977.
I myself have owned 3 Aero Cars for more than 5 decades and will tell you that there is a reason for this and it can not be explained in one sentence or even one paragraph.
 You can delegate a Position name such as 'Legend', Original, whatever...
As for myself, when I look back on the difficult aspects, the hardships, the financial burden, mixed with occasional pleasure my cars have given me for 5 1/2 decades I wince when I my position is listed as a 'New Member', I can tell you that I do not feel like a 'new member'.

Daytona R/T SE

11 posts in 12 years... :scratchchin:

And, you want to be assigned a special "position"?

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

b5blue

Post more about your cars, tribulations and adventures (With pics.)  and you will loose the newbie rank.  :2thumbs:   

Sbird69

Old Timer...
I joined the FIRST CLUB for our cars in 1976...
I saw these cars NEW and unsold. I was a Dodge Dealership technician and also did Pre Delivery Inspections.
If what we on the front line did and saw means nothing to the members then you might have the reason I have so few posts.
I see more stated 'facts' put out by people that are conjecture or absurd.
Apologies if I offended you but I can assure you my shit is wired tight, as we used to say.

moparstuart

then post alot more about that  , we love hearing your take and the early history of our cars , and any vintage pictures are alway popular   :Twocents:  :Twocents:   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Sbird69 on May 17, 2024, 10:11:45 AMOld Timer...
I joined the FIRST CLUB for our cars in 1976...
I saw these cars NEW and unsold. I was a Dodge Dealership technician and also did Pre Delivery Inspections.
If what we on the front line did and saw means nothing to the members then you might have the reason I have so few posts.
I see more stated 'facts' put out by people that are conjecture or absurd.
Apologies if I offended you but I can assure you my shit is wired tight, as we used to say.

Nobody is offended,

But how are we supposed to know how awesome you are if you've kept everything a secret from us for the last 12 years?

:slap:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on May 17, 2024, 11:26:09 AMthen post alot more about that  , we love hearing your take and the early history of our cars , and any vintage pictures are alway popular   :Twocents:  :Twocents:   

yes
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

I'm special, just ask everyone :) post about you cars, pictures ECT
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RallyeMike

The "Position", status (or whatever) isn't about your life experience, It's about participating and being a contributor to this site.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Todd Wilson

Sbird69

TELL YOU WHAT,,,,,,,,

Tell you what.    You will never see me logged into this site again.
I will respectfully leave the posterity and history of our cars to all of you 5,000 plus 'post' experts.
It will not be my loss and I do not have enough years left on this earth to hang around the school playground.

You WIN Old Timer so you must be the expert,

I'm gone.
Sbird69

70 sublime

I guess we never saw what you had so we will never miss not seeing it either
Too bad you did not have the time to share
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

armor64

this was a weird thread to read down. Basically, seemed he wanted the prestige of being a top contributor, without actually putting in any work.

Got upset when it was recommended to work harder for it, then went on an attack to try to claim the "moral highground" and failed, so flipped the monopoly board and left with his toys?

Gives a very "My dad owns the company, so I'm a VP, now Respect ME!" Vibe. Screams of someone who cannot disconnect who they claim to be in real life, against a small title on an informative website... I hope they get any help they need.

armor64

Plus, its not hard to find the list/title bump metrics:
Senior Member 500-999
Full member 200-499
junior Member 50-199
New Member 0-49

Old Moparz

This thread reminds me of that scene in American Psycho where all the VP's are sitting around comparing their business cards trying to outdo each other.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXFs5ihUt4
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Sbird69 on May 22, 2024, 04:54:22 AMTELL YOU WHAT,,,,,,,,

I will respectfully leave the posterity and history of our cars to all of you 5,000 plus 'post' experts.
It will not be my loss and I do not have enough years left on this earth to hang around the school playground.

I'm gone.
Sbird69

Its not based on what you say you know. its based on what your participation says you know.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

held1823

I bet he's the life of any party. Allen V. offered him the build sheet for one of his cars for free years ago and he was less than enthused about reuniting it with the car. Not sure that he ever did.

It took this thread for me to even look at what my title says. I feel almost special now.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

timmycharger

Wow what a strange thread indeed. I'm sure he had some good info to share but who actually cares about a title on an internet forum? Reminds me of some the fools that come up to me at car shows, making sure they tell me how much they know and they used to work on them when new.. Usually those guys also tell me about how fast their 383 hemi six pack was  :smilielol:

tan top

Quote from: Sbird69 on May 22, 2024, 04:54:22 AMTELL YOU WHAT,,,,,,,,

I'm gone.
Sbird69

Hi Sbird69 , sorry to hear your going !
i'm sure i can say think all of us would of loved to hear about your back in the day stories & goings on when these cars we all love were new & or at the dealerships, &  also the mopars you have / had etc 
 you have miss understood the whole member thing
 but you got to do what you got to do !
:cheers: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Kern Dog

There are some people that feel that they are far more important than they really are.
I've learned that no matter how much a person contributes, a forum does not thrive or fail based on ONE member.
Having a huge post count seems to impress some people. In some ways it does mean that they were active but we have ALL known a person that talks a lot but rarely has anything interesting to say.
Maybe the OP expected the forum here to roll out a RED carpet and shower him with respect?
Nothing will get you a pushback as fast as demanding respect when nobody knows your name.
I know that when I hear of some altercation where a person says Don't you know who I am?...it makes me think the one saying that has an ego the size of Manhattan.

Todd Wilson

Daytona R/T SE

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on May 22, 2024, 08:21:05 AMI bet he's the life of any party. Allen V. offered him the build sheet for one of his cars for free years ago and he was less than enthused about reuniting it with the car. Not sure that he ever did.

It took this thread for me to even look at what my title says. I feel almost special now.
your special all right    Special Ernie 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Todd Wilson

marshallfry01

Did he leave already? I guess there wasn't enough room here for his ego.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.