News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

August 16 I turn 30...Yay! And there is a point here...

Started by DarkAngel0816, August 14, 2005, 09:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel0816

First of all.  Stopped at a little cruise in/show up by Middlebury, Indiana today on my way home from Michigan...let me say I made a U-Turn to go back to this show for a Superbee caught my attention...it was nice.  Very nice.  :)  Guy with his daughter...nice people.  And my Dad is jealous for he saw on his way to OH today a Superbird on a trailer.  Coming from Nationals more in likely.  He keeps calling me about the cars he is passing...

Anyways I partied with my best friend who turned 30 yesterday up in Michigan.  I know some of you are over 30 now, but I tell you...she thinks it is the end of the world that she is 30 now.  Quite funny as I cannot wait and don't care.  We were pampered this weekend anyways.  Somewhat I should say.  So I am a little hungover now.

Neighborhood loose cats are in their mating season.  Sounds like a banshee outside my window.

So for those who have already turned 30...what did you all do for your birthday?  Were you dreading it?  What's the big deal about it?  lol
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Steve P.

Not only will I be 44 on the 17th, but I will have been married for 20 years on that same day.. 

I feel double old!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

I'm 41 and wait til your my age and your body starts feeling your age. It takes me about 5 minutes every morning just to get out of bed already cause of stiffness.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TeeWJay426

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 15, 2005, 05:30:54 AM
I'm 41 and wait til your my age and your body starts feeling your age. It takes me about 5 minutes every morning just to get out of bed already cause of stiffness.

Man, I hear that..... my next big milestone will be the big 5-0, and even though I still have a couple of good years left, it just gets worse. And both time itself and the rate of physical degradation seem to pick up speed..... I'd LOVE to be 30 again! :(
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Doc74

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on August 14, 2005, 09:25:08 PM
So for those who have already turned 30...what did you all do for your birthday?  Were you dreading it?  What's the big deal about it?  lol

No big deal at all for me. I knew people who literally cried when they turned 30 and yes there were even guys among those  ;D
I still feel the same as before I was 30, it's all in the head I guess. Besides, I don't like the alternative much of NOT becoming 30.

Telvis

I turned 40 about a month ago. Once I hit 35 I could feel my body going downhill. I started gaining weight and it became harder to keep muscle mass. I now have plenty of mass but it is a lot less muscle. :icon_smile_big:  I also feel a lot more physically vulnerable than I did ten years ago. I hurt my knee and back a few years ago. Those were the first injuries I have ever had the didn't go away on their own. I have slowly come to the realization that i will have deal with them for the rest of my life. My mind still feels like I am 20 years old. It's the body that's letting me down. 

mopar_madman

Really don't remeber what I did to celebrate, didn't really mind turning 30 I'm happy, healthy and just glad to be alive.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

TheGhost

I turn 20 in October.  Just thought I'd rub it in a little. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BB1

You stink  :nutkick:  ;D

If my 39yr old body was a building, it would be close to the wrecking ball. Turning 30 is a mind thing, turning 40 is a physical challenge. 

Delete my profile

PocketThunder

I turned 30 a couple months ago.  No big deal to me.  I felt old when i hit 25 and the 1/4 life crisis set in.  The 1/4 life crisis is where you realize you're not 19 anymore and you have to get a "grown-up" job.  But since then its just another year.  My body is starting to slow down, i cant go out for a pick up game of football anymore with out being sore for a week afterwards.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

I'm 42, & it's no big deal hitting the decade milestones on birthdays. When I turned 20 it was probably the last time it made a difference because you're officially no longer a teenager. (Even though you're still young, stupid & think you know it all.) Maybe turning 50 will bother me, but only because I'll probably still have unfinished car projects & be shopping for a walker.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Steve P.

I'm thinking more like a stroked, small block wheel chair.........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats on the b-day.   Whatever makes ya happy!    :cheers:

30 was no big deal.   40 was just a number because I stopped celebrating anything.   Now I'm 44.   Just really feeling the aches and pains that were just annoying before are constant reminders now.    It just creeps up on ya.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

andy74

i turned 31 in may, not that big a deal really!its all in how you feel,and a couple of long smoky burn outs make me feel like a kid again! :drive:

Drop Top

I turned 47 last July. My body is a bit overweight and it seems I can't do anything to help it. I work hard. Joined a gym. Watch what I eat. I can't work out in the gym because my elbows and wrists wont let me. I have used my arms all my life for very hard work. So now the joints are wearing out. One thing I have learned the more you use your body at an early age. The faster it will wear out. It hasn't affected my work,yet. But I just feel it a bit more at night.

Thats OK I get in one of my 60s/70s cars. Pop in an oldies CD and I'm a teenager again.  :METAL:

mustanghater

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on August 15, 2005, 05:30:54 AM

I'm almost 16 and I feel the same way
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RD

just turned 33, didnt celebrate anything.  birthdays are just not that important to me. its just like any other day, its what you make of it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Fan

I'll be 41 this October & like a few of these guys said, I'm definitely feeling older nowdays. Soreness lasts a lot longer & I don't have near the stamina I used to.

30 was a breeze.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70plumrt

I just turned 33 in June with no celebrations...
I really stopped givin a dam about age, at 27
Your as old as you feel! ;D

Steve P.

Quote from: 70plumrt on August 15, 2005, 03:12:29 PM
I just turned 33 in June with no celebrations...
I really stopped givin a dam about age, at 27
Your as old as you feel! ;D

Then I'm 43 going on 90!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

69_500

I haven't hit 30 yet, only 27. However I can tell you that after 21 I don't see many birthdays to look forward to. Then again I don't see any that I dread getting to either. Its all just numbers. Your only as old as you feel.

Plumcrazy

Turned 50 last May. 
I work out regularly and weigh the same as I did in high school.
I'm not giving up without a fight :icon_smile_blackeye:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

LahTera

Plumcrazy!!! Woo hoo!  Good to see you!  Never would've guessed you're that old ... you always seem so young-minded.   :icon_smile_cool:  Must be winning that fight!

Me, I just turned 41.  Don't think like 41, don't think I look like 41, but I sure can ache like 41.  Actually, I think most of those pains are due to that 4x4 t-boning me in the shoulder at 55mph.  My 73 Road Runner took most of the brunt of that, its unibody saving my neck from snapping.  But the back still gives up on me from time to time.  I just drink beer or pop pain pills as needed, tho I don't necessarily like doing that sort of thing.  Pills always seem to get stuck going down, and I'd rather just drink beer for fun!

LahTera

NHCharger

I did not like turning 30. I considered that the start of middle age. Now only 4 years from 50, 30 is looking pretty good.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

SLIKK 70

Somewhere between 45 and 50. My boss who is 63 says " The golden years suck". I just want to live longer than my Mother who was 50 when she died. :(