News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best All Around Spark Plug Wire - Brand & Diameter?

Started by 4402tuff4u, June 01, 2006, 12:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Gentlemen & gals, which brand of spark plug wires is considered to be the best all around (street/track)? How about "stock" looking? :yesnod:     Opinions please. Thanks.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

dodge freak

MSD super conductor 8.5 mm comes in red or black, no it does not look like stock but the black is close and is much better. For the cap and rotor I use Accel cause it has brass contact areas , thats for the mopar dist. That comes tan or black the black is vented.

4402tuff4u

Quote from: dodge freak on June 01, 2006, 02:22:25 PM
MSD super conductor 8.5 mm comes in red or black, no it does not look like stock but the black is close and is much better. For the cap and rotor I use Accel cause it has brass contact areas , thats for the mopar dist. That comes tan or black the black is vented.

I have those already they came with my Charger. The 440 came with a new MSD 8387 distributor and the wires are red and fat :rotz:. I just got a Mopar Performance distrib tan cap w/elec. ign and the next thing I need to get is the wires. The MSD 8387 was hitting the new INDY EZ heads, it wont clear the heads, so I can't use the MSD distrib. I was trying to go more with the original look but high performance.

4402tuff4u

dodge freak

A good wire has to be fat, the skinning ones leak voltage. MSD has wires for a stock mopar dist to. Moroso makes great wire also but they are blue , you can get a sleeve for them in lots of colors.They even have 9-11 mm wires so those MSD aren't the thickest wire out there.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on June 01, 2006, 03:09:25 PM
Are 1968 440 wires orange with black boots?

i think so summit sells em' as such 7mm though.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dodge freak

Those look sweet and if Summitt racing has them they can't be that bad.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I believe the orange wires were the replacement set.  The originals should be 7mm black with yellow date coding....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

well there you go
thanks chris
i'm still waiting for my registry welcome aboard package though.   i heard it comes with a mini model of my exact car, 2 tickets to vegas, and a coupon for a free haircut at the local barber college.  what the heck man, where is it? :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?