News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air condition condenser reuse or not

Started by 73chargers4404, June 01, 2006, 08:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

im redoing my heater core box and was wanting to know how risky it is to reuse my air condition condenser.it looks in good shape i replaced my heater core.

Nacho-RT74

IMHO... I can not see any rysk on reuse any part of heater or AC condenser.

If you are worried about leaks is easy to check. Seal one of the outlets, conect a hole on the other one, sink the condenser on water and then blow on hose to check for bubbles.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dodge freak

If you still have some real freon -which is very hard to find and works the best ,I would a get a brand new one. Yours should be ok but for how long? If it leaks out good luck in finding some more.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dodge freak on June 01, 2006, 08:59:55 PM
If you still have some real freon -which is very hard to find and works the best ,I would a get a brand new one. Yours should be ok but for how long? If it leaks out good luck in finding some more.

Whats this got to do with r12 freon?  There are only a few degree's difference between 134 and R12 at the upper PSI's.

First of all its not the condenser that is in the air box with your heater core. Its called the evaporator core/coil.     Most likely you will be ok putting this back in the air box as they rarely go out. Do like Natcho said and pressure check it in water and se if you have bubbles. You probably will not unless you have nicked a small hole in it with it being out.

PS - Your condensor is what sits in front of the radiator!

Todd