News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Willy Daytona

Started by 262chargers, June 05, 2006, 12:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

man as nice as that big willy car is, it is rusty, u see those holes??? i mean no offence as no matter what it is a great looking car, but gary do u ever have plans to restore to as-raced condition???-MATT

WilliesDaytona

Yeah it is Rusty, it sat outside beside Big Willies Swimming pool for 25+ years,  I have NO PLANS to Restore the car, at this time, but I do plan on having the rust around the back window fixed and replacing the rear window trim...

69_500

Leave it the way it is, contain the rust, repair that but leave the rest of it as is. Thats just my opinion though.

Brock Samson

whenever i see that footage of the daytona at night i get chills... i just dont get no better then a hemi DAYTONA~  :yesnod:

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah it is pretty sweet footage of the car burning out and then backing up, then just hammering the gas to race that lime green chevelle-MATT

WilliesDaytona

Does anyone have color pictures of the Queen Daytona after it was painted with the Dick Landy paint scheme ??  I have some very rare pictures of the car but none are in color...

Aero426

Quote from: B5 BLUE CHARGER PUNK on August 15, 2006, 10:30:14 PM
yeah it is pretty sweet footage of the car burning out and then backing up, then just hammering the gas to race that lime green chevelle-MATT

Unfortunately, that is the best part of the movie.  It's all downhill from there.

69_500

Its hard to top a HEMI Daytona. I mean its in the very begining of the movie, the only reason to watch the rest of the movie is to see if it reappers, but after you know it doesn't I just shut it off.

THE CHARGER PUNK

personally that movie is boring as hell 2 me,liek sure there is one scene of an s/s cuda hammerin dow nthe track,but after that a couple of dudes and some hitchhiking skank cruising against soem drunk in a gto with their primer 55 chebb just dont cut it 4 me-MATT

Ghoste

To each their own.  I love the movie.  Even the fact that it is kind of pointless.
There is another Charger in it, a 70, about 2/3 through it.

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2006, 03:49:46 AM
To each their own.  I love the movie.  Even the fact that it is kind of pointless.
There is another Charger in it, a 70, about 2/3 through it.
                    :iagree: :yesnod:  a white 70  /   "  is one of them dodge chargers  let him go by !  not today "  .   also there is a red 69 with a black top  & white steel wheels on the rear at the drag strip   ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

alot of folks dont appreciate BULLETT either,..  :rotz:
their loss,.  I say...

69_500

See now i like Bullitt, but Two lane Blacktop was good the first time I watched it, but after that I tend to just wanna see the Daytona part then shut it off.

Just my opinion though.

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah bullits a boring movie, but the charger is spread throughout it, at the hospital , parked,then the big chase i rented 2lb and watched the daytona scene and soem drag scenes and thought 2 myself, why did iwanna rent this movie so bad?-MATT

69_500

My favorite car movie is DLCM.

THE CHARGER PUNK

u mean ''DMCL'' as in dirty mary crazy larry with that citron yella 69 charger r/t

terrible one

Quote from: B5 BLUE CHARGER PUNK on August 17, 2006, 10:22:46 PM
u mean ''DMCL'' as in dirty mary crazy larry with that citron yella 69 charger r/t

Is it? I thought it was like a lime green.

THE CHARGER PUNK

somewhere in between, see the re-mastered copy on dvd and it looks alot more yellow then it does green, btw that colour was a factory dodge colour in 71-MATT

Ghoste

In the movie though, they refer to it as green and as yellow so I think the color was one of those ones that just sits perfectly between the two.

WilliesDaytona

Did anyone see the episode of Dream Car Garage, where they are at a track in Northern CA. with a  bunch of early Pro Stockers ? There is a VERY QUICK shot of the Queen Daytona making a pass. Just thought I would Pass it on..

THE CHARGER PUNK

WilliesDaytona

THE CHARGER PUNK

it looked kinda blue ,not really green at all-MATT

WilliesDaytona

Yeah, that is because, they painted the car with a Dick Landy Style Paint job, it was Blue and Red... I have pictures..

Ghoste

You know what we want now then, right?