News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar pics from the local Cruise

Started by TheGhost, July 20, 2005, 05:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

There were much more Mopars than in the previous years, and alot less Chevelles and Camaros, which were some nice surprises.  I took pics of all the Mopars, and a few of my favorite GM and Fords.  If anyone wants to see the brand X pics, just PM me.

So, without further ado, the pics, in thumbnail version.

I was surprised as hell to see one of these...

There was also a V code Runner parked next to it.  I believe they were owned by the same person.

This poor guy must get Starsky and Hutch references about his car all the time, which is why I think he made the 2 big Roadrunner signs to display in front.

Here sits my Dart, all sad and lonely because she wasn't running, and was unable to cruise around with her big sisters...  Damn you Murphy and your stupid law!

Here was an interesting car.  A triple red Barracuda (not a 'Cuda) with a shaker.

One of my dream cars:  68 Barracuda Fastback, triple black.

This car went from this....

To THIS, in 13 months.  The owner was a body man, and did everything himself, except for the interior.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Mefirst

Quote Ghost "Here sits my Dart, all sad and lonely because she wasn't running, and was unable to cruise around with her big sisters...  Damn you Murphy and your stupid law"

Thanks for the pics.. -Couldnt you have pushed your ride? Well anyways, sorry to hear about your troubles.. Found the problem with her?

Telvis

TheGhost

Quote from: Mefirst on July 20, 2005, 05:15:41 PM
Quote Ghost "Here sits my Dart, all sad and lonely because she wasn't running, and was unable to cruise around with her big sisters...  Damn you Murphy and your stupid law"

Thanks for the pics.. -Couldnt you have pushed your ride? Well anyways, sorry to hear about your troubles.. Found the problem with her?

Yea, I got her running.  Exactly 3 days to the minute too late for the cruise. :-[
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Mefirst

TheGhost

Quote from: Mefirst on July 20, 2005, 05:17:57 PM
What was the problem?

The ORIGINAL problem was that the points in the distributor were floating, instead of being held in place, causing her to run really rough after I would start her for about 2 seconds, then die.  So, I went to a local Mopar resto shop, and got a distributor from the owner, for free (nice guy).  I was just gonna swap the points out, but, after looking at the replacement distributor, I thought it looked in better shape than the one I had, so I just swapped the whole thing out, and timed it.  Well, now it wouldn't even start.  So, we spent the better part of the week trying to figure out just what was wrong.  I checked to see if the coil was bad.  Nope.  I spent about 3 days trying to see if I messed up timing it, to no avail.  Finally, yesterday, my dad took his voltage meter, and checked the coil.  It was only getting 6 volts, instead of 12.  So, he checked the distributor, and, it was shot.  It only LOOKED better.  So, we took it out, got my old one, took it apart, got some E rings, attached the points down, reinstalled it, and, timed it, and now she runs again.

I swear though, after the past week, I can probably take out the distributor, reinstall it, and time it, all in my sleep. ::)

Mefirst

Quote from: Ghost on July 20, 2005, 05:23:30 PM
Quote from: Mefirst on July 20, 2005, 05:17:57 PM
What was the problem?

The ORIGINAL problem was that the points in the distributor were floating, instead of being held in place, causing her to run really rough after I would start her for about 2 seconds, then die.  So, I went to a local Mopar resto shop, and got a distributor from the owner, for free (nice guy).  I was just gonna swap the points out, but, after looking at the replacement distributor, I thought it looked in better shape than the one I had, so I just swapped the whole thing out, and timed it.  Well, now it wouldn't even start.  So, we spent the better part of the week trying to figure out just what was wrong.  I checked to see if the coil was bad.  Nope.  I spent about 3 days trying to see if I messed up timing it, to no avail.  Finally, yesterday, my dad took his voltage meter, and checked the coil.  It was only getting 6 volts, instead of 12.  So, he checked the distributor, and, it was shot.  It only LOOKED better.  So, we took it out, got my old one, took it apart, got some E rings, attached the points down, reinstalled it, and, timed it, and now she runs again.

I swear though, after the past week, I can probably take out the distributor, reinstall it, and time it, all in my sleep. ::)

Any help from Moparts??

TheGhost

Heh.  During this whole time, I was almost never online.  I had a couple local guys to help me.

Mefirst

Quote from: Ghost on July 20, 2005, 05:27:19 PM
Heh.  During this whole time, I was almost never online.  I had a couple local guys to help me.

Good to hear.. When owning old cars like these, those guys are awsome :2thumbs: Im happy to hear you got her running..

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the pics! Lots-o-nice looking cars there!

Wasn't that triple red Barracuda convert in a magazine recently?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 20, 2005, 06:06:58 PM
Thanks for the pics! Lots-o-nice looking cars there!

Wasn't that triple red Barracuda convert in a magazine recently?

I don't know.  I didn't see the owner, so we couldn't talk.  Would be cool if it was, though.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722