News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

setting up a six pack

Started by AmadeusCharger500, June 05, 2006, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I am working on a rebuilt 440 with a new 6 pack setup.

Anyone have words of advice on how to do this?
Is there anywhere to get instructions? I think I am going to have trouble figuring out the throttle linkage, throttle pressure rod and the gas lines.

Chryco Psycho

whike uit is not hard it would probably take me longer to ytpe it all out & get the pix you need than to just come over & set it up

Sublime/Sixpack

A Factory Service Manual for a '70 Charger covers it, I think its covered in the Mopar Performance "Engines" Book as well. 

Actually once you get the carbs mounted on the intake its not difficult to figure out the fuel lines, and as far as the linkage goes, I'd suggest that you get it running on the center carb (adjust the idle and mixture screws on it first) then adjust (screw in or out) each outboard linkage rod so that it slips loosely into the designated hole on each outboard.  Make sense? 

Is the Six Pack set-up new (unused)?  If its new I suggest that you check the mixture settings (screws) on the rear outboard carb before you mount it to the intake. Once the rear and center carbs are mounted the rear carb screws are difficult to get to unless you have the right tool.
Plus on the last two (new) six pack set-ups I recently purchased the screws were not adjusted properly from the factory. A couple carbs screws were in all the way! Thats right, and some were only open 1/4 turn. The engines ran/idled poorly. So I started them out at 1 full turn then went from there down to approximately 3/4 turn for my application.
Another thing, I hope you didn't buy the 1969-70 carbs. I did, and the outboards wouldn't open. Even tried Holleys lightest springs in them. The only way I could get them to open was to block off the kill bleed holes.

P.S. I exchanged the '69-'70 carbs for 1971 carbs and all I had to do was adjust the mixture screws. I found the '69 to '70 carbs to be a real pain!

Maybe too much info but I hope it might help.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak