News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

22" Radiator

Started by shawnmd, June 07, 2006, 10:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

Anybody know where or if you can purchase reproduction 22" radiators for 68-70 B-bodys? I know Yearone has the 22" shroud now and they carry the 26" radiator.  What about the 22"?

BigCity400

i would say check out Paddock Parts, Jegs, or Summit

ChargerBill

shawnmd, are you going Big Block or small block? If the car is a small block car but you are upgrading to a big block, the 22" radiator will not be sufficient.

Also try Year One for stock or Delphi, becool.com, or Fluidyne for aftermarket aluminum.
Life is a highway...

shawnmd

It is for a 69 Charger R/T with 383 (original 440) and already has a 22" rad from factory.  The rad is shot and I thought it may be better to buy a new 22" but I may have to get this one rebuilt.

Shakey

You could get your rad recored for around $200.00 CDN.

Check the Yellow Pages for some local guys.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Shakey on June 08, 2006, 07:28:24 AM
You could get your rad recored for around $200.00 CDN.

Check the Yellow Pages for some local guys.

Yep, and when it's being rebuilt ask for 3 cores for additional cooling capacity. A 22in rad will cool a 440 no problem....i just saw an original 70 r/t 440 6-pack and it had a 22in rad with a shroud, clutch fan. My 70 r/t also has the 22in rad under the hood....works fine.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Wakko

If you're not going for factory looks you can get a nice aluminum universal for less than 200 in Summit, but your shroud won't fit without mods.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

69CoronetRT

Quote from: shawnmd on June 08, 2006, 07:12:31 AM
It is for a 69 Charger R/T with 383 (original 440) and already has a 22" rad from factory.  The rad is shot and I thought it may be better to buy a new 22" but I may have to get this one rebuilt.

If its an 053 that could be redone, please let me know if you want to get rid of it.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.