News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"CARS" coming out today

Started by 70charginglizard, June 09, 2006, 02:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Anyone going to go to see that new CARS movie this weekend.

I'm surely thinking about it. I guess Richard petty does the voice for the KING car (Plymouth Superbird)

70charginglizard

Orange_Crush

Going tonight to see it in the theater and then I'll probably watch it at the Belmont Drive-In next weekend.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Lightning

Went to see it, loved it.  THIS MOVIE YOU MUST SEE!!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Orange_Crush

Awesome Awesome AWESOME flick...a definite must see.

Totally caused me to suspend disbelief.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

TheGhost

Going to it tommorow for the matine.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Danny Gutierrez

Took the kids tonight in the charger and it was great!!!  Good movie with awesome animation!!!!  I especailly like how Pixar and Disney always insert little life lessons in their films.  Make sure to stick around during the end credits to see some funny clips of past Pixar/Disney films!!! :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

BB1

Quote from: 70charginglizard on June 09, 2006, 02:04:24 PM
Anyone going to go to see that new CARS movie this weekend.

I'm surely thinking about it. I guess Richard petty does the voice for the KING car (Plymouth Superbird)

He is the voice of the Superbird, and his wife has a role too, as his wife car.... who looks like a Lincon town car.

Great Movie, I'll see it again today after the BIG Mopar show this weekend.
Delete my profile

jeepee

I've to wait till the 21 of juni here in the netherlands!
Jeepee

Lightning

If I'm not mistaken, I think his wife's character was a mid to late '70's Chrysler New Yorker.

It was nice to see that they used real cars for the basis of almost all of their characters.

motorhead

Just got back from it,the kids loved it.It's amazing how you almost forget at some ponits it's computer generated!We took the 72 duster 340,big hit outside the theater.

ChargerBill

Yep, really good family movie....and the animation was incredible. The scenery (can't call it cinematography in an animated film) was amazing....loved all those Caddy fins and 40's front ends poking out of the landscape. I'll definitely own this one when it comes out on DVD....

Did anyone notice that a Hemi Orange Blown '70 Chally (or Cuda) was one of the cars hanging out with the Ricers? And they made him out to be the dupe of the group on top of that... What's up with that?
Life is a highway...

bull

Quote from: ChargerBill on June 10, 2006, 07:16:01 PM
Yep, really good family movie....and the animation was incredible. The scenery (can't call it cinematography in an animated film) was amazing....loved all those Caddy fins and 40's front ends poking out of the landscape. I'll definitely own this one when it comes out on DVD....

Did anyone notice that a Hemi Orange Blown '70 Chally (or Cuda) was one of the cars hanging out with the Ricers? And they made him out to be the dupe of the group on top of that... What's up with that?

I saw that car in some promotional material but I guess it didn't get much attention. I need to get out and see that flick soon.

BigBlackDodge

Snot Rod! lol.............looked like a Chally to me.

Great Movie! :yesnod:

BBD

Dave22443

Took the kids to see it last night.  GREAT FLICK!  I will definately own this one on DVD.  Computer graphics in it are mind blowing!  We might have to go see this one again on the big screen.

One of the funniest parts was where the old Jeep was teaching "Off Road" to the Hummer with the spinner rims.  "I've never BEEN off road!!!"   LOL!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Lightning

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on June 10, 2006, 07:52:47 PM

Snot Rod! lol.............looked like a Chally to me.

Great Movie! :yesnod:

BBD

I think they were making fun of both the ricer stereotype and the ricer's stereotype of hot rods...

Smoke20

I definately want to take my boy to see this one...

My daughter wants to see 'over the hedge' instead.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

4cruzin

I think the blown ricer is a mock-up of the new challenger that is expected to come out by the end of the decade!  I believe I saw another challenger in the show but I'll have to go and see it again just to make sure!  lol   Great movie! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

74Charger

Went and seen it this weekend with the club for our " Moonlight on the Mopars" Drive in night.

What better way to see it than with a bunch of Mopars.

It was trully a great show.  The kids loved it!  Definetly a buy when it comes out on DVD!! :icon_smile_big:

74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

CaptMarvel

Saw it with the family Friday morning, we all loved it! It was a nice tip of the historical hat to include the 43 Superbird as the old unbeaten veteran (although the end is typical of what movies seem to do to Mopars!) also nice to see Hudson's amazing racing past represented (alot of older car lovers seem to have forgotten that and hardly any younger kids even know there was a Hudson marque!) Very cool...I like the fact that they represented real car makes and not just made up cartoon styles. I may have to go back again to see it a 2nd time before it leaves theatres. Did everyone ck out the flashback Radiator Springs scenes? Lots of cool stuff in there. They also celebrated roadside Americana (the tee pee style hotels, Ornament Valley, Cadillac style mountains, Route 66) While we were in the theatre lobby I noticed a cut out ad for "My ex super girlfriend" not really interested, but I noticed on it Uma Thurmans character is standing on a smashed 06 Creed Charger (subliminal advertising?) Maybe the producer is a closet classic Mopar lover?   :icon_smile_wink:

Orange_Crush

Quote from: CaptMarvel on June 12, 2006, 09:57:17 AM
Saw it with the family Friday morning, we all loved it! It was a nice tip of the historical hat to include the 43 Superbird as the old unbeaten veteran (although the end is typical of what movies seem to do to Mopars!) also nice to see Hudson's amazing racing past represented (alot of older car lovers seem to have forgotten that and hardly any younger kids even know there was a Hudson marque!) Very cool...I like the fact that they represented real car makes and not just made up cartoon styles. I may have to go back again to see it a 2nd time before it leaves theatres. Did everyone ck out the flashback Radiator Springs scenes? Lots of cool stuff in there. They also celebrated roadside Americana (the tee pee style hotels, Ornament Valley, Cadillac style mountains, Route 66) While we were in the theatre lobby I noticed a cut out ad for "My ex super girlfriend" not really interested, but I noticed on it Uma Thurmans character is standing on a smashed 06 Creed Charger (subliminal advertising?) Maybe the producer is a closet classic Mopar lover?   :icon_smile_wink:

I checked after the movie and saw that Hudsons REALLY did win the '51, '52, and '53 championships.  In addition, doc was a replica of Marshall Teague's '51 "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" The Franklin Mint even has a model of it here:

http://www.cellinifinegifts.com/fm_hudsonhornetgrey.htm

bull

I got these two cars at McDs today. It doesn't look like they're going to offer the wing car in the Happy Meals. >:(