News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

frost plug installation

Started by 73-charger-383, June 10, 2006, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

Hi,
I FINALLY got the motor mounts on, the radiator in,  the tranny plumbed and everything ready to go.  I started to fill the radiator and noticed water leaking out of my the motor mount on the drivers side.  There's a plug right behind the mount that looks like it's got a hole punched through it, and that where the waters coming from.........Is this a frost plug??  Is there any way to fix it without having to pull the engine back out??  ---  help me please................

rt green

could be a frost plug, could be a crack from the motor ears having been stressed. hopefully its just a frost plug. did you put in new ones? did you install it correctly?  the best way would be to pull it out and do a complete inspection.       bruce     
third string oil changer

73-charger-383

i didn't put in new ones, and i haven't really checked all that close, but i'm pretty sure it the plug.  how big of a pain in the butt is it to do in - car?   Could i put one of those "expandable" block heater thingys in??

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 73-charger-383 on June 11, 2006, 07:18:33 AM
i didn't put in new ones, and i haven't really checked all that close, but i'm pretty sure it the plug.  how big of a pain in the butt is it to do in - car?   Could i put one of those "expandable" block heater thingys in??

How much of a pain it is to change a core plug depends on where it is.  Some are much harder than others to do. You're just going to have to remove whatever is in the way so you have enough room to drive a new plug in.    I'd avoid an expandable pug it it were mine though.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.