News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just bought the keisler 5 speed

Started by emanscharger, June 11, 2006, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanscharger

hey guys,

does anyone out there have the keisler 5 speed with the hydraulic kit?  i was looking at the instructions to install..looks tough?  anyone out there have this tranny with a tradition clutch linkage ..and fork? is this hydralic clutch kit all that??

471_Magnum

Hydraulic is a piece of cake to install. T/O bearing will come pre-installed on the gear box(assuming you ordered them together). Master cylinder is a bit of a pain just because you're working under the dash.

I'd fill with DOT 5 silicon fluid to avoid any possibility of boiling the fluid. Some folks have had issues with DOT 3. Easier to do now than later.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

emanscharger

thanks for the info 471  magnum..I called keisler today..they told me they would supply me with a traditional mechanical clutch setup if i wanted..i may go for it..he said the pedal pressure would be a bit stiff..but even easier to install and straight foward. it's a specks 800 pound 10.5 clutch..the motor is a 496 hemi making 760 horse..I really am leaning toward the mechanical set up..it's all i know..your opinion one more time?  thanks!

doctorpimp

I've got a Keisler as well.  I don't have it installed yet, waiting on my engine  ;)
There is a post here by the Dayclona crew, I don't remember who exactly.  They were giving their pointers on the Keisler set-up and one tip was to get the mechanical linkage clutch for that "feel" for engagement.  I have the hyd clutch set-up, it'll be in soon...
Do a search here for Keisler:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8175.0.html
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Rolling_Thunder

hell I MADE my hydraulic clutch system and it was cake...    connect one braided line, one rubber hose, and a bleeder line.       done.   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip