News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any chance someone here with a trailer is going from Chicago to Texas?.....>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 20, 2005, 08:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Baring any major faults the seller failed to inform me about, I'll be purchasing a "72 Imperial next week.

Have my plane ticket and will arrive on Thursday in the early evening.

I'll currently looking for an autotransporter, but just thought I'd see if someone here might be dead-heading from there to near me in Texas.

If you are, please let me know via PM here, or directly via email @:

johnnytoxin@NOSPAMmsn.com (just remove the NOSPAM first)

Thanks in advance!

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Telvis

I just bought a new trailer. I need a reason to justify having it. What part of Texas does it need to go to? We might be able to work something out.

PocketThunder

there was a member called haulinace that hauled cars for a living, but i dont have his e-mail.  maybe its haulinace@hotmail.com or something similar..... i think he lived in Ohio.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Telvis on July 20, 2005, 10:42:58 PM
I just bought a new trailer. I need a reason to justify having it. What part of Texas does it need to go to? We might be able to work something out.

Telvis, I'm in southeast Texas.

Dayton to be exact (Liberty County).

I'm about 24 miles north of Baytown and I10.

I'll be leaving for Oregon Aug. 1st for a wedding, and returning on/about Aug. 11th, so that throws a wrench in the equation.

If there's anyway you could do this, I'd put yah up while you were down here, and of course we can work out the costs if this pans out.

I know of someone in Chicago who could maybe hold the car until it needs to be picked up, if the seller won't.

In any case, thanks for the offer! :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 20, 2005, 10:50:58 PM
there was a member called haulinace that hauled cars for a living, but i dont have his e-mail.   maybe its haulinace@hotmail.com or something similar..... i think he lived in Ohio.

Thanks, Pocket.   ;D

As with most things, the more options, the better.   :yesnod:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

PocketThunder

Quote from: formula_440 on July 20, 2005, 10:52:40 PM
there was a member called haulinace that hauled cars for a living, but i dont have his e-mail.   maybe its haulinace@hotmail.com or something similar..... i think he lived in Ohio.

Thanks, Pocket.   ;D

Johnny

Are you buying it from the Volo Auto Museum???   :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 20, 2005, 10:54:37 PM
Quote from: formula_440 on July 20, 2005, 10:52:40 PM

Thanks, Pocket.   ;D

Johnny

Are you buying it from the Volo Auto Museum???     :smilielol: :smilielol:

Uh, in a word, NO! ;D

One burn was enough for me.   :yesnod:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

Daytona R/T SE

Formula, Just a Few tips from a fellow 72 Imperial owner:   The Idler arms on these cars are almost always worn out, they are not available new in the aftermarket, and no...you can't get one from a Newport or other full sized Chrysler - it will NOT fit !!! NOS ones go for $275-$300 and up - IF you can find them. Yours can be rebuilt by a company called "Rare Parts" It costs about $200 or so to have it rebuilt, you have to send yours in, and they'll have it awhile.. The Chrysler part # for the idler arm is 2835853, I still have it memorized from my exhaustive search. The rubber "Doughnut" rag joint? in the steering column is another item to check out, they are situated right next to the exhaust manifold, and are usually split to pieces, they too are no longer available, and are unique to the Imperials. I got lucky and found an NOS one from a member of     http://www.imperialclub.com/   If your car has the Auto Temp II ( Most 72's did) Climate Control system, you are in for some expensive repairs, if the original plastic servo unit is not cracked yet, it soon will be. The fix for this is an aluminum-bodied replacement servo designed for a Mercedes-Benz $595   ::)   Needless to say, mine still doesn't work   :flame:

If you have someone tow this car for you, remember they'd better have a heavy-duty truck and trailer, this sucker is almost twenty feet long and weighs in excess of 5000 pounds!

Be sure to check out the 72's in the year by year section of   http://www.imperialclub.com/   and be sure to sign up for the IML Mailing list-it's where I've found alot of my parts and tech info...lots of good help there...

Congratulations on becoming an Imperial owner!   :)

Johnny SixPack

Daytona, wow, man, thanks so much for the info!

And that's a beaut of a "72 you got there. :2thumbs:

I've checked out the site you linked to many times, and have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time there in the future also.

I know for a fact the A/C isn't currently working, so I'll make sure to check into the part you talked about.

For anyone intersted, here's pix of land yacht I'm hopefully gonna be bringin' home:

And here's a link to the rest of the pix the seller sent me:

http://fototime.com/inv/86D0F4FF9914C44

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

Telvis

Just saw it. Let me talk to my wife. Her dad lives in Texas. She's been wanting to go see him for a while. I will get back with you tomorrow.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Telvis on July 21, 2005, 09:11:05 PM
Just saw it. Let me talk to my wife. Her dad lives in Texas. She's been wanting to go see him for a while. I will get back with you tomorrow.

Sounds great!

Thanks, man. :2thumbs:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: formula_440 on July 21, 2005, 04:12:02 AM
Daytona, wow, man, thanks so much for the info!

And that's a beaut of a "72 you got there. :2thumbs:

I've checked out the site you linked to many times, and have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time there in the future also.

I know for a fact the A/C isn't currently working, so I'll make sure to check into the part you talked about.

For anyone intersted, here's pix of land yacht I'm hopefully gonna be bringin' home:

And here's a link to the rest of the pix the seller sent me:

http://fototime.com/inv/86D0F4FF9914C44

Johnny

Formula,That's a good looking Imperial !    ;D

Johnny SixPack

Thanks, man! :2thumbs:

Considering how nice that "72 of yours is, that's a heck of compliment. :bow:

Here's some additional info: The seller is the 2nd owner and he's had it for 18 years.

He's also including some addtional hubcaps and fenderskirts.

Sadly, most of the original paperwork is gone, and the original owner has now passed away, but it sounds like it's been babied its whole life.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

Daytona R/T SE

I've got all the paperwork to mine, including the window sticker, loan papers, receipts for parts over the years, and a letter from the dealership thanking the original owner for buying the car. I'm the second owner, I bought it at an auction the original owner was having, he was selling his house, cars, everything and moving into an apartment. There was only one other guy bidding on the car, and he was trying to buy it to run it in the Demo Derby :flame:  :flame: :flame: Good thing I raided the piggy bank that morning  ;)   My Car is going to need some work soon, some rust is starting to creep in the quarters, it's got a bunch of door dings since the original owner worked in St. Louis, so a paint job is in order, along with an eventual engine rebuild, fixing the A/C, and a nice set of dual exhaust :icon_smile_big:...But I'm going to get this Damned Daytona clone done first! :yesnod: