News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How dose the front grill go to geather on a 1968

Started by mikes68charger, June 19, 2006, 07:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

I have installed the the light covers/activators pods, but what do the bolts look like that hold the center grill to the side light grill section. What do the bolts like like that go throw the top grill bracket? Just need some pics of an installed grill so I can install mine. Thanks Mike :devil:

Shakey

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site.

We have lots of topics with regards to the grilles on the 68-69 Charger.

Use the search features with some key words and you're bound to come up with some answers.

Maybe these help!

mikes68charger

Thanks these pics helped a ton. How do you install the behind the grill / light grill? You know when the lights opeans up the plastic grill like set up behind the cover?

PS what happened to the old Dodge-Charger web site? Is Cuda Ken still around?

Shakey

Quote from: mikes68charger on June 19, 2006, 10:40:20 PM
Thanks these pics helped a ton. How do you install the behind the grill / light grill? You know when the lights opeans up the plastic grill like set up behind the cover?

PS what happened to the old Dodge-Charger web site? Is Cuda Ken still around?

Glad the pics helped!

If you want more help, you're going to have to reword that question.

As far as the old site & CudaKen - check out the search feature and a lot of your questions will be answered.

19Charger68

I think you are talking about the inside healamp doors.  They screw into the radiator support if I remember correctly.  They are not a part of the grill.  Hope that helps.
Bruce

JimShine

The actuators and such mount to the grille frame.

mikes68charger

I think you are talking about the inside healamp doors. ?

When you are looking at you car and turn on the headlights, when the doors opean up you see the head lights and a plastic grill like peace around the lights. I im trying to figure out how these resesed grill peaces attach and to what.  Thanks mike

JimShine

Gotcha! They are just bezels that slide in through the front and are mounted with long sheetmetal screws to the metal grille frame. Here is a closeup of one of the mounting holes.

mikes68charger

Thanks,  That is what I thought. do you know were I can get theses screws or do you have a pic to help in my search.   :icon_smile_shy:

I'm also missing 6 of the clips that the bolts go throw that holds the grill to the frame.

I have to say installing this grill was the biggest pain in my a$$. I guess it would of went smother if I took the grill frame out but I didn't want to do all that.

I also bought a complet set of plastic grill spacers when I only needed 5 of them. SO if some one needs some new one just let me know.

Rack

I just removed the grill from my '68. The guy that put it together before must have ran out of screws, cuz instead of bolting it to the fender brackets he used double sided tape.  :rotz:

I already know I'm gonna have a nice fun time putting that sucker back in.