News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/T Woodgrain Steering Wheel Question!!

Started by pete, June 19, 2006, 01:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

Hi guys.  Finally getting close to road worthy here.  I was installing my steering wheel and noticed that there is a small post on the back.  I believe the post makes contact with the plastic turn signal switch to shut the turn signal OFF after the turn.  Anyhow, my post is on the right side (passengers side).  Thus, it is NOT sitting between the plastic fingers of the turn signal switch.  I believe this is incorrect and I may have to adjust the steering column 180 degrees where it attaches to the steering gear.  Any ideas?  The manual does not have very many details.  Thanks.

Shakey

Not sure myself.

Here is a pic that might help.

pete

Thanks for the picture Shakey.  I think the turn signal post on mine is on the opposite side!  I'm going to double check tonight.  Not quite sure how that would happen unless the ring is removable!

Shakey

Looking at the ring, it looks as though it could be spun around to the opposite side.   :shruggy:

pete

Indeed.  It turns out that the ring is removable.  Someone had rotated it 180°.  I dis-assembled everything and re-installed it last night.  Works perfectly.  I had to re-insulate the copper horn ring from the steel wheel though.  Good thing I remembered or I might have been driving down the road with the horn on all the way :icon_smile_big:  Thanks for the help!