News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year one, jim's autoparts, jack's autoparts, summit, jegs....

Started by mysil bergsprekken, June 21, 2006, 06:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Summit will kick anyone's tail on price and shipping but you won't find much Mopar specialty stuff. Year One is a PITA most of the time (backorder hell) and they charge you mint for shipping. Jack's Jim's has a lot of good stuff but I haven't heard much good about their customer service. Don't know diddly about Jim's Jack's. Sorry, I always mix those two up.

DodgeByDave

Never heard of Jim's but I've bought a lot through the years from Summit, Jegs, and lets not forget PAW. Never had a problem with these 3.
It seems to me that the current scam is in shipping charges, vendors see it as gravy money and, for example, I live in Indianapolis and The Paddock is in Nightstown. So its easy to justify driving out there for a high cost shipping item. but for an item that may only cost $30 for shipping it would cost me more to go and get it than have it shipped.
And you can always tell them when you order that you'll be by in a minute to pick it up and then arrange for your own shipping agent to swing by and pick it up. Cuts down on the Backorder BS!

DBD
III, we are everywhere

mysil bergsprekken

69 charger RT

bookedbydano

I have used YearOne,Paddock,Jim's,Summit,P-S-T,E-bay and local auto store.  I had no problems with any of these vendors.  Just do your research it will save you tons of money.  I got alot of my parts off of e-bay had no problem and were great parts.  You will also be surprised how many Items the local auto store can get you and it is way cheaper to go through them.  Research Research and Research.  One thing I have noticed that every year the parts just keep going up, when will it end??????

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on June 22, 2006, 05:51:35 AM
Thanks for the advice, any other places I should know about?

for some interesting stuff:
www.buymopar.com
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargerman68

yeah im looking for complete wiring kits fo my 68 charger.does yr-1 only have these wiring harness.if there was another company or if someone has a dash harness repro or great org let me know.hard to sign the check for 525.00 for my dash harness from yr-1
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Shakey

Quote from: chargerman68 on January 10, 2007, 02:52:44 PM
yeah im looking for complete wiring kits fo my 68 charger.does yr-1 only have these wiring harness.if there was another company or if someone has a dash harness repro or great org let me know.hard to sign the check for 525.00 for my dash harness from yr-1

Yes, YO is the only distributor of the M&H wiring harnesses.

It may be difficult to write the $525.00 USD cheque but can you imagine messing around with a used one and experiencing a dash fire?

Charger-Bodie

MEGAPARTS 1 608 452 2045 GIVE THESE GUYS A TRY THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST PRICE AND SERVICE
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

JimShine

I placed my first and last order with Jim's back in October. We were scrambling all over to get parts together for Lee1. I bought a window trim clip set from him. The price and shipping wasn't bad, but it was light 6 clips (2 tall, 4 short). I called him about this and he wanted me to stand in front of the car and count the clips over the phone while he listened. I was on the road when I was making the call (any time by the car and we were working). I told him I had all the clips installed and he can take my word I was short. He then told me he wasn't sending me any more clips because he thought I was lieing. Oh yeah, I am scamming him for $3 extra clips!

Winged 1

;D
Year One  is OK..
LAYSONS: RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

70 Charger RT

I will only deal with YR1 only if nescessary.  They will only ship UPS to Canada therefore I pay a huge amount in brokerage fees.  USPS / Canada Post is much more reasonable but they don't use them for Canada shipments.  Another thing about YR1 is they package a LOT of air.  I find at least half of the box is empty.  I'm sure shipping would be cheaper if they would take the time to find a more compact box.  Shippng companys go by weight and dimensional size.  My 2cents.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722