News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bolt On Frame Connectors?

Started by terrible one, June 24, 2006, 10:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Here they are , I know they look like shit  :yesnod:

firefighter3931

Quote from: daytonalo on November 06, 2006, 03:44:50 PM
Here they are , I know they look like shit  :yesnod:

I don't think they look like $hit at all ! The US cartool connecters are a nice fitting piece and they look like they were factory installed.  :yesnod:

I have the MP connecters welded in on my 68 but i'll go with the US cartool units when it comes time to tie the frames on the 70.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

daytonalo

I say this because even after viewing and understanding how the US car tool sub- con are installed , some people will still make the argument that there is no advantage . Whats that saying , YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE----------
                                                                                                              Larry

Goldfinger71

US CAR TOOL !!
John and the guys know there stuff and are also a bunch of good guys!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

autodynamics

who had the info where to purchase the us subframes from???

firefighter3931

Quote from: autodynamics on November 07, 2006, 06:08:31 PM
who had the info where to purchase the us subframes from???

Magnum HP carries the US Cartool line. Greg Z at Magnum HP is excellent to deal with.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.magnumhp.com/drivesusp.php

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BlueSS454

I bought a set of the Competition Engineering blot on connectors from Summit Racing and welded them on.  It took me about an hour.\
Tom Rightler

dkn1997

Quote from: daytonalo on August 31, 2006, 09:38:06 AM
Do yourself a favor , throw those in the garbage ! use the U.S car tool sub connectors , they weld in and they follow the countour of the floor pan . There is no comparison to the bolt in type , if you think about it the bolt in ones attach to 16 gage metal [ front to back ]. The U.S car tool weld to the floor and the front and back !

can you mig those in?  I am considering a set and a friend has a mig welder.  How difficult was it?  consider that I am not a welder and my buddy who has the machine knows how to weld, but he's no expert either...
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

that is exactly how you weld them in
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Goldfinger71

Hey Guys,
You can deal directly with John at uscartool.com or give him a call at 919-855-8200 :icon_smile_cool:
He is also fabricating a few 66-67 Charger items as well(ie...trunk medallion,etc.)
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

SeattleCharger

What are these for exactly?   ???

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722