News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger grill question

Started by Rack, June 26, 2006, 12:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

I just removed the grill from my Charger, and it turns out the moron that last put it on failed to bolt it on properly in a few places. For example, he didn't even bolt it to the fenders, he used double sided tape.

I did a search and didn't come up with anything... does any company sell any kind of "grill kit" for a 68 charger? I don't even know what a lot of these missing bolts look like.

Plus, although I haven't looked over the grill yet, I did notice at least one spot that had a piece broken. I'll take some detailed pics later on and post them later.

Other then those bolts and that one broken piece, it appears to be in solid shape. Not sure if the canister is any good though.

Thank you

Rack

Ok I've been searching the net for the last half hour and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Finally decided to check "ole reliable" (aka Ebay) and sure enough there's two of these kits there. There is a difference in price though so I wonder if anyone could let me know which one is the better bang for the buck.

Here's the two links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-Concours-Grill-Kit_W0QQitemZ4637900666QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1969-Dodge-Charger-Grille-Grill-Kit_W0QQitemZ4637157289QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10076QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The first one is $70 and the second one is $45. Is the first one that much better in quality? The first one has 60 pcs and the second one has 54 pcs.

Thanks!

DFS68_Charger

The first kit looks like it is an exact reproduction; thus the word concours in the description.

The second kit is junk (I actually bought one similar). It will work, but it looks nothing like the original.

DFS

Blown70

I had ordered from Totallyautoinc. before and was very happy with the parts and service.

Tom

Bullitt68

Remember Bullitt?

bull

Is that kit going to have what you need? All it looks like is spacers, speed nuts and bolts to me.