News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Love the Shepard, most loyal friendly out going dog I ever had. To bad she only made it till her third birthday   ::)  that was 20 years ago, boy
do we get attached to our animals or what   :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Fred

Hey mpdlawdog .........are you and your gorgeous dog trying to look slim or what?   :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

My poor dog, "Bodie" developed a infection in his eye this week. Just took him to the vet and $145.00 later, we found out he had a scratch all the way across his cornea! Dont know how he got it. But hes on eye meds and back to wearing the stupid cone again. Poor baby! :(

Dino

Aww poor kid.  Hang in there Bodie!

Go easy with the loud noises while he's wearing the amplifier!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mrsskip68

Quote from: Dino on September 20, 2013, 03:57:26 PM
Aww poor kid.  Hang in there Bodie!

Go easy with the loud noises while he's wearing the amplifier!   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks Dino! Funny thing is since he got the cone, Animal Planet channel seems to keep putting itself on! Lol!  "It's not dishnetwork,.......it's Dog-Network TV!" Hahaha!

A383Wing

I was gonna say plug him into the TV and see if ya can get some of the Pay-Per-View channels for free now

Bryan

Budnicks

Quote from: mrsskip68 on September 20, 2013, 03:27:15 PM
My poor dog, "Bodie" developed a infection in his eye this week. Just took him to the vet and $145.00 later, we found out he had a scratch all the way across his cornea! Dont know how he got it. But hes on eye meds and back to wearing the stupid cone again. Poor baby! :(
Poor Bodie, hope he recovers fully & quickly, on the upside you can call him Cone Head  :shruggy:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

mrsskip68

Quote from: Budnicks on September 21, 2013, 12:22:31 PM
Poor Bodie, hope he recovers fully & quickly, on the upside you can call him Cone Head  :shruggy:

Nah, we are callng him Bodievision, Bodie-3D, & the neighbors call him the satellitepup! :)

nvrbdn

bodievision. :smilielol: :smilielol:

poor puppy. that medicine should work real fast. hope he heals quick. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

polywideblock

be careful if you take him out in the rain    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ram07

Hope your boy gets better quick....poor guy   :-\

My latest adventure with dumbass dog....although she is getting better.  I do buy disposable furniture in my bedroom...had 3 phones, down to one, but I refuse to cage her....I work 12 hr shifts...

that fluff trail went from my room, to a spare room, down my stairs to the living room...

:pullinghair: glad it's garage sale stuff...have two sets left...:)

The dumbass! How can ya get pissed at that... :shruggy:

if anyone has suggestions on how to stop this... :smilie_help:  :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

sprinkle Cyan Pepper on the things you don't want him to chew

Ram07

Quote from: A383Wing on September 22, 2013, 01:01:19 PM
sprinkle Cyan Pepper on the things you don't want him to chew

Really, that seems simple....probably piss off my old boy....but I'll give it a shot...thanks! :icon_smile_big:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ram07

Well, I have something like that...no, wait....I have six of 'em....fill them with treats....

but where is the fun in that....she's allowed to chew those.... :icon_smile_big:

Haha, fun fact....I bought that bitter apple spray stuff from the vets, ya know....all dogs hate it they say.....Worked for a few days, but she chewed up the bottle....sooo.... :brickwall:

and yeah, it was in the cupboard of one of those end tables, that she munched up, and got the doors open...

mrsskip68

I agree with the pepper idea, BUT, if you do that, put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with water! Then spray the enticing areas. Any kind of Lab/shepards, dont mature till 5years of age. So be patient, be the Alpha Male, and praise the pup when it listens! Just my two cents.

Ram07

mrsskip68

Quote from: Ram07 on September 22, 2013, 01:37:03 PM
5 years...really?  :brickwall:

Yep, 5yrs! Now, that can be changed with proper training and tons of attention! Usually if a dog chews stuff up its frustration or seperation anxiety. Be patient, it wont change over night. Be thankful, that you have a healthy pup!

Ram07

Thinking its the separation thing, dunno....she's a good girl when I'm home....but man...when I go to work....watch out! She actually is trained pretty good....she runs loose with me, stays by my side and such...sits...rolls over...high fives for a treat...stuff like that!
Just an asshole when I leave... :yesnod:

A383Wing

Quote from: mrsskip68 on September 22, 2013, 01:34:02 PM
I agree with the pepper idea, BUT, if you do that, put it in a spray bottle and dilute it with water! Then spray the enticing areas. Any kind of Lab/shepards, dont mature till 5years of age. So be patient, be the Alpha Male, and praise the pup when it listens! Just my two cents.

Has this worked with Skippy yet?

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mrsskip68

Quote from: A383Wing on September 22, 2013, 02:17:04 PM

Nope but I figured out that if I put cheese dogs around the house he behaves much better!

mpdlawdog

Quote from: Fred on September 20, 2013, 01:32:06 AM
Hey mpdlawdog .........are you and your gorgeous dog trying to look slim or what?   :icon_smile_big:

I never could post pics on this site!!  I should try this on my match.com pic!! 
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

mpdlawdog

Quote from: burnout.dawg on September 20, 2013, 12:14:14 AM
Good looking knucklehead you have! Is he being trained to be an officer or is he your personal companion?
I've trained him since I got him to take over for my current partner, khan.  I needed something to do since i had to sell my charger.  Khan just turned 9 and has back problems and is ready to retire.  Bear is my 3rd working dog.  I trained khan and bear myself.  I love my job!  It's amazing what you can train a dog to do!

Funny to see all the dogs with separation anxiety....did everybody try easing into the separation? (if you know what I mean)
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on September 22, 2013, 02:17:04 PM

Quote from: polywideblock on September 22, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
plenty of distractions buy a half dozen "kongs" and stuff them full of food and hide around the place

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kong-Wobbler-Dog-Toy-treat-dispensing-/331026991285?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item4d12bf08b5

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kong-Classic-Dog-Toy-Medium-Red-Stuffable-OZ-Seller-/140907932692
Ram07 The bored & lonely dog, probably has separation anxiety & needs some more exercise &/or keep him occupied on something else... reward him/her for being good & discipline them for bad behavior.. they will eventually learn &/or you can wear them out, keep his/her mind more active so they don't chew the he'll out of your stuff....  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks