News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsskip68

It is with a sad and worried heart that I tell ya'll that my lil rescue kitty, "Bronco", disappeared a week ago today!  :'( Somehow he got out, and never returned. My hope is someone found him and took him in.  But in all reality,  I fear the coyotes got him. I've had him since he was 5 weeks old, and he's almost a year old now. I really miss my snuggle bug. I dont have the heart to put away his food, thinking maybe he will come back. But as tine goes by, my doubts increase. I have ads out and went to animal control but no luck. Thanks for letting me share.
Lisa

twodko

Hi Lisa and Chuck,

Keep the faith, miracles do happen.  :yesnod:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ODZKing

Our prayers for Bronco what ever the outcome. That is sad. But as twodko said, keep the faith.

ws23rt

I know just how it feels.   My connection with cats goes back to my childhood. My parents raised Siamese.

Young cats like yours need to explore and when the opportunity comes up they do so.   They also have a very good sense of direction and will return to home but it sometimes takes a while.
My preference is to let these cats outside and provide a way for them to come and go as they please.  To keep them trapped in the house seems cruel to me as well as stressful to us.
My current friend is a rescue from my sister and her troubles (a one year old). He was at my place one week and fell out a window.  He was gone for 10 days but showed up as if nothing had happened. He had his walkabout.

The risk if losing a friend like this comes from adopting them.  IMO keeping them trapped in the house is not good. It may prolong their life but at a price. They look out the window and want to be a part of all they see just like us.

mrsskip68

Well, it's been 20 days and no sign of Bronco.  😭😥  Gheez i miss my lil guy.  Chuck could care less as he hated him. 😡 Still cant put up the kitty bowl yet. 😟
Lisa

JB400

Quote from: mrsskip68 on October 10, 2014, 01:25:36 PM
Well, it's been 20 days and no sign of Bronco.  😭😥  Gheez i miss my lil guy.  Chuck could care less as he hated him. 😡 Still cant put up the kitty bowl yet. 😟
Lisa
:pity: :pity: :pity:

bakerhillpins

Still best buds..
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ODZKing

How quickly they get big.  It's been one year since we adopted our two little kitties, Binx and Ranger to join our (almost) 15 year old Oliver.
Binxie finally grew into those ears!  :lol:

Dino

My cat Charlie is like Binx and it took him a while to grow into those ears as well, he looked like Yoda when he was little.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Looks like my convict cichlids have been a little busy!  :icon_smile_wink:   :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bill440rt on October 20, 2014, 08:52:49 PM
Looks like my convict cichlids have been a little busy!  :icon_smile_wink:   :cheers:

LOL, just wait for the college bills.   :lol: 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1970Moparmann

Gizmo the builder... YES WE CAN.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Brads70

I think you have to separate them or they eat them if I'm not mistaken?

bill440rt

Quote from: Brads70 on October 22, 2014, 06:53:00 PM

I think you have to separate them or they eat them if I'm not mistaken?

The convicts do a pretty good job protecting them. Other fish in the tank include an Oscar, firemouth, a green terror, and some smaller catfish. They are to watch out for, but with these baby fish the convicts get very aggressive protecting them.
This is the second batch they've had so far, a few of the first batch survived too. It's kind of like a constant supply of live food.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

mpdlawdog

heres my partner bear...no he didnt eat any kids dressed like cats...he did take a liking to the dark side though
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

mpdlawdog

here's my other buddy...bones jones....oh yea those are pharina there!!  No joke...Hes always in his "basket" when I come home....its full of unmatched socks

tcs69rt

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

tcs69rt

Hey mpdlawdog! Is Bear Narcotics, Explosives or Search & Rescue? He's a good looking shepherd! My Boxer used to play with my Deputy neighbors K9 shepherds. A female narc dog named "Kilo" and bomb dog "Chaos".  :cheers:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

ODZKing

Received a package the other day and this is what it came in.
Kittys were quite interested.  In fact I can see Ranger here saying "WTF is this crap?"

mpdlawdog

Quote from: tcs69rt on December 05, 2014, 06:00:53 PM
Hey mpdlawdog! Is Bear Narcotics, Explosives or Search & Rescue? He's a good looking shepherd! My Boxer used to play with my Deputy neighbors K9 shepherds. A female narc dog named "Kilo" and bomb dog "Chaos".  :cheers:

sorry I havent been on in a while....hes a narcotic/tracking dog....my last two were dual purpose Mals....I needed a break from those crazy dogs..

wingcar

These are my "Beagle Boys" the picture is a few years old now as they are now 10 years old.  The guy on the left is "Aileron" and the guy on the right is "Blue Sky".  Yes, we are an aviation family.   They are brothers and travel everywhere with us in the motorhome.   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparnation74

Quote from: wingcar on December 18, 2014, 09:14:02 AM
These are my "Beagle Boys" the picture is a few years old now as they are now 10 years old.  The guy on the left is "Aileron" and the guy on the right is "Blue Sky".  Yes, we are an aviation family.   They are brothers and travel everywhere with us in the motorhome.   
Beautiful Beagles.  Love those dogs!  Long time ago I had one as well.  That is nice that the travel with you guys!!

Charger-Bodie

Im curious if anyone here has had a similar experiance to what we are having with our beloved Boston Terrier "Mox". He started about 4 months ago dring water like he just cant get enuf. This of course means hes be having accidents due to needing to pee all the time. We took him to the vet school in Madison Wi. and the diagnosed him with Cushings . We have been giving him his med for about 2 weeks now and havent had any change . Do any of you have any insight on this? Im getting really frustrated with the whole deal.

Thanks BRian
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ODZKing

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 18, 2014, 12:40:31 PM
Im curious if anyone here has had a similar experiance to what we are having with our beloved Boston Terrier "Mox". He started about 4 months ago dring water like he just cant get enuf. This of course means hes be having accidents due to needing to pee all the time. We took him to the vet school in Madison Wi. and the diagnosed him with Cushings . We have been giving him his med for about 2 weeks now and havent had any change . Do any of you have any insight on this? Im getting really frustrated with the whole deal.

Thanks BRian
Brian, we have had 2 cats that have a Thyroid disorder. One kind mild but none the less, one of the symptoms is they drink a lot of water.  Not saying that is it, but something to look at.
Both times they were corrected by medication, or at least the levels brought to normal.
What ever the case, you know your pet better than anyone.  If you are not getting satisfaction from your vet, try another. 2 opinions are better than one.