News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Yea actually he is really friendly, doesnt peck hard or mean he will just hold on to you once in a while with his beak. hel'l willl follow me around the yard and sometimes and  take after my truck as i leave ( kinda like a dog).Totally afraid of the charger its a bit to loud he don't like that . He will come up to me and ill pick him up and walk around with him he's pretty cool. I can't bring him in the house he probably shit all over, as long as im holding him he wont shit. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Mallard   Mally thats where i got my screen name from the first duck i had his name was mally..  the one in the pic's name is bo or boo  he responds to both.. :2thumbs:

He can be nosey once in a while, if im in the garage working on my car he will walk in  and stand beside me just looking around  :icon_smile_big:

HITMAN 149

cool!!!!! good for you!!! you have a cool lookin lil friend there!!! yea i wasn't sure how domesticated they get..like dogs n cats per se.
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

mally69

yea they get pretty tame, I hatched all the ones i had,  i even had a canada goose that i hatched and i was the only one that could could pick it up and hold it.  She would do the same as my duck does but she got killed last july 4th :'(

HITMAN 149

awwwwww sorry bro!! that's sad when you lose a pet!!! funny how attached we get!!!
i found a 7-10 mnth old pit bull puppy while on a call the other night at work... and was sad to see it go in the humaine society van!! but the guy told me they'll place him in a good home no prob..cause he was a good puppy & looked really nice with his colors & markings!! i named him "oatmeal", while we were driving around in my patrol car from call to call... he ate my "oatmeal cookie!!" but wouldn't eat any of the dog biscuits & treats we had at HQ!! hahahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mally69

yea thats true..   You should have kept that little guy

HITMAN 149

i tell ya.... i was really thinkin about it!! BUT... i already have a monster 90 lb american bulldog.. and 2 cats!!! LOL meow..woof..hissssss..bark!!
aghhhhhh it's like a funny farm here sometimes!!! LOL
if they were one of those shelters that uthenize animals after 2 weeks or so if not adopted... i would of definatley kept him... but the guy told me they only do that in extreme behaviorial problems or if they have to for humain medical reasons... he said he'd call me & let me know how he was doing!!!
:2thumbs:
i'll tell ya... what a good boy he was!! i had him in the back seat of the radio car.. and he kept jumping thru the middle glass window of the cage to get up front with me!!! hahahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mally69

haha poor little guy wanted to see what's going on up front..  At least the guy is goign to keep you updated

RTPTRON

This is our Aussie.  Her name is Annie.  The first picture is a little out of focus but she is acting a little like a Kangaroo checking out my GN right after we brought it home.  The other is a little better picture of her relaxing on the floor of our RV.

bull

I got tired of seeing Jesse relaxing on the floor while I went out in the rain for the morning paper. So I taught her a new skill: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7PS-LkEdq40

Charger_Fan

That's awesome, Bull! :lol:

Quote from: mally69 on November 11, 2007, 09:13:35 AM
hey,,  CHARGER_FAN    check out my buddy  i hatched him 7 years ago   he is a male mallard  now you guys know where my name came from  :icon_smile_big:   hes molting in this pic so he has some brown feathers coming in ;D  pic quility sucks
Great looking ducky, Mally! :thumbs: Our duck got through molting about 3 weeks ago, now he looks all purty again. Do you have a pen to keep him in, or do you just let him wander about? Our neighborhood is packed together fairly well, so we can't let Walter out of the back yard unsupervised.
What sort of pool do you have for him? I'm looking for a new idea, our existing one is getting worn out.

BTW, there's a lady who makes DIAPER HARNESSES for ducks & geese, if you feel like changing diapers. :lol: They definitely love to shit everywhere...I've pretty much nicknamed our duck "gravy butt". I don't call him by his real name any more. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

Heres my kitty Jackie now :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HITMAN 149

good lookin.... ummm "kitty"  :naughty: ..... hmmmm wonder where ya got the name from  :shruggy:
can we say stalker!!!!  hahahahaha
:nana:
i guess shelby would've been way to obvious!! hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

69bronzeT5

:smilielol:

I actually named her Jackson (because I use play Jackson guitars) BUT...then I found out that she was a girl so I changed it to Jackie.

mally69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 12, 2007, 04:36:20 PM

hey,,  CHARGER_FAN    check out my buddy  i hatched him 7 years ago   he is a male mallard  now you guys know where my name came from  :icon_smile_big:   hes molting in this pic so he has some brown feathers coming in ;D  pic quility sucks
Great looking ducky, Mally! :thumbs: Our duck got through molting about 3 weeks ago, now he looks all purty again. Do you have a pen to keep him in, or do you just let him wander about? Our neighborhood is packed together fairly well, so we can't let Walter out of the back yard unsupervised.
What sort of pool do you have for him? I'm looking for a new idea, our existing one is getting worn out.

BTW, there's a lady who makes DIAPER HARNESSES for ducks & geese, if you feel like changing diapers. :lol: They definitely love to shit everywhere...I've pretty much nicknamed our duck "gravy butt". I don't call him by his real name any more. :smilielol:

Yea i have a 10x10 x8 chain link fence that i had all three of my ducks in  but a coon got in there and took two of them, so now i have Bo or boo in the biggest dog kennel i could find, As for the pool, i bought a 75 gal rubbermaid  tub that i put under the rain spout at the end of the garage that i put him in it has a screw in drain plug so it pretty easy. I drain it before every rain so it gets filled back up with clean water. I usually every morning let bo run around the yard all day then i put him back in the kennel, he got so used to going in there at night i usually just have to go out and shut the door he goes in by himself.   What do you have for a pool, can you pick up malter or is he pretty timid. Does he stay pretty close to your house or does he wonder off?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: mally69 on November 21, 2007, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 12, 2007, 04:36:20 PM

Yea i have a 10x10 x8 chain link fence that i had all three of my ducks in  but a coon got in there and took two of them, so now i have Bo or boo in the biggest dog kennel i could find, As for the pool, i bought a 75 gal rubbermaid  tub that i put under the rain spout at the end of the garage that i put him in it has a screw in drain plug so it pretty easy. I drain it before every rain so it gets filled back up with clean water. I usually every morning let bo run around the yard all day then i put him back in the kennel, he got so used to going in there at night i usually just have to go out and shut the door he goes in by himself.   What do you have for a pool, can you pick up malter or is he pretty timid. Does he stay pretty close to your house or does he wonder off?
We have a fenced back yard, so he can't get out unless we take him out. I made him a wooden pen, with chicken wire stapled on the outside to give him some security. He stays there each night. There's a larger area & sectioned off with chain link to keep our dogs from getting too crazy with him when he's out of the pen. He likes to play with them & tug on whatever he can get his beak on, but the dogs can trample him in short order if they're too excited.
The pool is a kiddie's swimming pool that we clean once a week. I'd like to get something deeper so he can stretch his legs more when he's swimming, that's why I asked about yours. I was probing for ideas. ;D

In March '06, we got another duckling (Stanley) so Walter had some company. At first, they did nothing but fight...it took a couple weeks before they'd play nicely. Stanley stuck around until January '07, then flew off one day when it was below zero outside...I guess he had enough of the cold. :lol:  Walter doesn't fly very far, he's too fat.  :icon_smile_big:
(can't remember if I posted this pic here already & too lazy to go looking)

Our current pool is smaller than this one...this one developed a big leak about a week before a big wind storm blew a smaller one into the yard. Perfect! :icon_smile_big:

Walter is pretty tame & trusting with people he knows, but he won't let strangers within arm's reach. I pick him up fairly regularly, I think he likes being up high. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mally69

Yea, i used to keep using those kiddie pools, but they always got hole's in them and they werent deep enough, they have all differnt sizes of those tub's like i bought. im pretty sure they have a few different smaller ones than i have and they are really thick so they will last probably forever ;D  one of the ones i had few away but the was in the yard the next morning must have gotten  hungry :shruggy: bo is kinda fat comapred to the other ones i had always thought he couldnt fly until onee day he lifted off flew they holeway around the house it was neet watching him flap around.
Its kinda strange bo will let certain strangers pick him up and others he will run away from.

Old Moparz

At the end of the summer my daughter got a pet mouse. I wasn't too keen on this since we have a pet cat, & my daughter would forget her head if it wasn't attached to her neck. Anyway, she named the mouse "Wheels" since she spent a lot of time on the exercise wheel. A few months later, the mouse fell & broke it's back. It didn't die, but to get around the poor thing drags her back legs. (Here comes the crazy part.) My wife took the mouse to the vet since our daughter was so upset, & the vet said try some anti-inflammatory medicine for a few days & see what happens.

So now, twice a day my wife wraps Wheels in a small towel leaving her head sticking out, while I somehow manage to get a plastic syringe into it's mouth to squirt the medicine. Well, the mouse seemed okay, but still dragged itself around. Now instead of running on the wheel, she stayed inside her nest looking depressed. I'm not sure if she started drinking, but I noticed the Wild Turkey was disappearing faster & suggested to my wife that instead of having to deal with an alcoholic mouse, we should get her a companion. (Yeah, I didn't want a mouse but invited a second one) So my daughter was excited & picked out a white baby mouse that was in the snake food bin at the pet store & named it "Baby Mouse". 

They're both actually very tame & the first one, Wheels, is friendlier than the dumb cat we have....LOL. I doubt the thing will have full use of the rear legs again, but amazingly she can move & use them. I guess the vet was right & the medicine worked. Nothing like spending $75 to fix a $4.99 mouse.  :lol:

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

NorwayCharger

My catpack.....
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

RD

tigger... good cat, wont cover up its shiza for nothing though.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

69bronzeT5

And new pics of the cats :cheers:

Brock Samson

looks like they've been reading your posts..  :lol:

69bronzeT5

suntech

Hehe :D

We have 2 horses, 2 cats and a dog. My wife and my daughter races the horses, the cats are pissing in my garage, and the spoiled dog is stealing my bed :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

The70RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 18, 2008, 04:56:16 PM

looks like they've been reading your posts..  :lol:

:smilielol:........In that order too. Really....go back and look at the pics  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us