News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71/72 R/T-Rallye taillights

Started by CharlieCharger, July 05, 2006, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieCharger

Im new to restoring old mopars...although I've had one for a while and love them :P I also know that vinyl tops hide alot aswell as paint and bondo heh..so wich leads me to building my 72 se the way I have wanted it..Its a really nice looking car..solid frame..the usual spots of rust on the front of the 1/4 panel/ rocker panels..trunk pan..wich was hidden well by paint aswell but none of it is bad rust..however the drip rails..and front pillars are in bad shape..Im not sure where to begin on changing those?I am doing most of the prep work..welding trunk pans and ext's..the rear window was leaking wich led me to tear this thing down..there is holes that were bondo'd over..I need to replace the window channel..not sure where to begin on that either..I see where it joins to the roof..can it be cut to where the roof and that curve down to the window channel begins?I hope im not in the wrong forum section, I am new to here. I just gutted the interior with no manual wich was stupid but I didnt break anything..heh was a pain at first but hey I learned..I am not new to cars.. just to these relics..also if I find a pair will the 71 72 louverd taillights work if I change the filer? I put a couple of pictures up..tell me what ya think..I can take pictures of the damage aswell if anyone would like..and thanks in advance and nice to meet you all! ;D
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

72Rallye440

Welcome to the site! The 71-72 R/T, Rallye, 500 tail lights are interchangeable. But, you will need to change the entire assemblies as well. Hope this helps!

Dewey (72Rallye440)

Nacho-RT74

all 3rd gens tail lights are completely interchangeable as complete assembly
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris