News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering wheel?

Started by 2Gunz, July 05, 2006, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im looking for a new steering wheel. I would like to keep the car original or close to if but dont feel like paying $500 for somebody elses 30 year old wheel.

So....

Somebody have some steering wheel links that are close to stock looking?

My car currently has the 3 spoke plastic style wheel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Supposedly The Paddock www.paddockparts.com has a repro plastic wheel for $224

Check the site
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dkn1997

for 30 bucks, the grant 860 looks close enough to an original tuff wheel if that's you preference.  you can redrill and tap it for an original tuff wheel adapter and hornbutton.  you could put the whole thing together for 100 bucks. 
RECHRGED

2Gunz

Thats not to bad.... anybody else have anything?

Mike DC

For like $7-800, I've seen a few places that will actually re-mold the plastic on the outer rim of an old stock wheel.  It's huge money, but on the other hand it's a permanent solution for fixing the cracking issues with the stock wheels.  They say the modern plastic compunds should last a lot longer than the original stuff did.

It would be nice if they'd reproduce the factory 68-70 "woodgrain" rally steering wheel, but I'm not holding my breath about it ever happening.  There are Mustangs & Chevys that still don't have all their stock steering wheels repro'd.

greezygirl

how about 250.00 for my 30 yr old tuff wheel.

Brock Samson

what kinda charger and wheel we talkin about?..

greezygirl

its a tuff wheel from a 72 ralley charger
the one with the hide away head lights.

JimShine

He says 3 spoke plastic, that sounds like the standard wheel to me.

I would look around for the 68 wheels. They tend to not crack as bad or often like later years. Though the horn pad and ring are different, you can swap the '69 style in there if you need that style (I believe youi have a '69 if I remember correctly). They pop up on eBay from time to time and usually are not that expensive.