News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger motor mounting?

Started by 73 Charger 440, August 17, 2005, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73 Charger 440

Hey guys,

As I prepare to move overseas I gotta get the Charger packed and I need to put the 440 in there, can someone get me pictures of the motor mounts for a 73 440 Charger? I know this may be hard but it would really be helpful if I could get pictures of the 440 on the mounts on the k frame (in car / out of car doesnt matter).

Thanks in advance.

KMPX2

It maybe easier if you just ask a question about what you need to know.

73 Charger 440

Well I have a 318 car, and I remember comparing my 73 BB K-frame to the 318 one and them being the same, but when I looked up 73 440 mounts they are not spool types as were on the 318, and I know others have had BB K-frames in their 318 73s. I need to order mounts and schumacher has a kit, but if regular 73 440 mounts will work I would rather get them.

73 Charger 440

Here is the K-Frame I want to mount the 440 to...

Will these work? http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/brbenspoolmo.html

73 Charger 440

Anyone? I really need help. Im pretty sure the mounts I provided a link to will work they just look kind of weird because the bushings come out of the mount if you know what I mean.

KMPX2

OK here goes 73/74 sb & bb K-frames are not the same this has been talked about alot & they are different. You can only use spool mounts on a spool frame. If you don't want to change the frame your only (easy) answer are the custom schumacher mounts.

73 Charger 440

Alright thanks, it just kind of confuses things when the mounts for 73 RB cars shows spool type mounts...

73chargers4404

Posted by: KMPX2 
Insert Quote
OK here goes 73/74 sb & bb K-frames are not the same this has been talked about alot & they are different. You can only use spool mounts on a spool frame. If you don't want to change the frame your only (easy) answer are the custom schumacher mounts ok how can you tell if your kmember is a spoll type or a regular .the kmember i have came out of a car with a 400 so i dont know witch type it is

Chryco Psycho

hemihead

73 and up were all Spool Mounts.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

doctorpimp

Spool mount K frames have horns to mount the spool.
The other style has a flat surface for the mount to rest on.
Sorry I don't have pics.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

73 Charger 440

Wow, didnt know thered be replies this late. I got the mounts way back... The thing is both BB and SB K-Frames in 73 appear to be identical (keyword is appear), both use spool mounts and look the same. Only difference is that BB K-Frames had the engine sitting one inch forward (or maybe it was backward)... So when you put a BB on a SB K-Frame from 73 the conversion mounts make up for that one inch difference and set the engine in the correct place.