News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiper arm removal

Started by MadScientist, July 08, 2006, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadScientist

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the exterior wiper arms from my 70-500?  Dumb question, but I dont want to break anything or scratch paint!

Thanks

MS

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

mikepmcs

i'm thinking that the bottom hinges up and there is a nut that is removed and then use the above tool, or something close, to remove the arm.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JimShine

I use a forked tool similar to the claw on a hammer that slides around the pivot. Use a screwdriver to push the clip on the arm out of the way and pull up with the tool. I have also done it with flat head screwdrivers to pry up, but that chips the paint up.

MadScientist

Is it specific to mopars or is the tool something you could find at a general auto supply house?

Plumcrazy

Quote from: MadScientist on July 08, 2006, 11:18:01 PM
Is it specific to mopars or is the tool something you could find at a general auto supply house?

You may be able to find the tool at a local auto parts store.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

MadScientist

Took the old school route. I used a diaper under the arm then used 2 screwdrivers to pry it off. Came off without a hitch!

Thanks for the help!

MS

OttawaCharger

I think the diaper is more "Pre-School" than Old School.  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

MadScientist

Well it was a cotton diaper and not a diposable (old school in a way....)  :yesnod:

Gimme a break, Ive got a 10 week old   :icon_smile_wink:

MS