News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old stile Booster and aluminium Master cilinder

Started by COKE, July 09, 2006, 03:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions:
-Is someone using the old stile booster(4 studs) with the new stile aluminium master cilinder?I have read an article in the Mopar action page wich says that is not advisable to use the 4 to 2 bolts adaptor plate to mount a new mc on a old booster,and they suggest to use a later two bolts booster.
They don,t say why...

-How good are those rebuilt boosters from A1 Cardone? I really don,t know waht to mount behind my aluminium master cilinder...

Thanks a lot for the help.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

is_it_EVER_done?

I read that also, and was disappointed (pissed) that they didn't explain what problems they found. I know many people that use the later aluminum M/C's w/adapter on 4 bolt boosters, and have never heard of a problem reported.

Like I said, I know people that have run cars this way for years, so I wouldn't be afraid to do it if I had an application that needed to, and if their is real evidence of a problem or deficiency it would probably be well known over the years, but even if it is an absolute con like the "tall spindles are dangerous" claim, to state the warning without any further information is at best - irresponsible!

As for your question on the rebuilt boosters, I've used a couple of the Cardone rebuilds and never had a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to use one again if need be. I have had excellent luck with their rebuilt calipers.

COKE

Hi Is it ever done

Thanks a lot for the reply. :thumbs:
What kind of A1 cardone rebuilds you used,just the calipers or also some booster?
Lately,i,m reading bad histories about the rebuild boosters...
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.